Regional Business Director - Allegheny (Pittsburgh)Apply Now Job ID 1602490 Date posted10/20/2016 LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States;
The Regional Business Director provides leadership and direction at a regional level to achieve company objectives, meet customer needs, and foster team development. This role is responsible for leading the execution of business strategies to achieve sales objectives within a specific geography. Responsible for leading, coaching, developing, directing and managing activities of District Managers within a specific geographical assignment to achieve sales results.
- Responsible for leading the execution of business strategies across the product portfolio to achieve sales results in region.
- Work with and through District Managers to ensure regional sales performance meets or exceeds Company sales objectives. Model ownership and accountability in executing company priorities and strategies to maximize sales results.
- Implement a regional business plan to be executed through the District Managers and conduct quarterly business reviews to identify and provide updates on business opportunities.
- Ensure that the region attracts and retains highly qualified, diverse sales talent with demonstrated successful performance results.
- Effectively coach, develop, motivate and monitor team performance to include: regular and timely feedback through advanced coaching techniques, actionable Development Plans that develop talent for increased responsibility, early identification of performance challenges or deficiencies and creation of action plans to appropriately address performance gaps.
- Develop a focused vision and create a high performance team environment which values continued professional development and personal accountability. Eliminate barriers and foster a solution oriented mindset throughout the region. Exhibit both a long-term, strategic view of the business with an acute focus on driving immediate results.
- Recruit, screen and hire District Managers and support the sales representative recruiting efforts within the region. Create an environment of learning and growth for long term success, development and retention of talent.
- Provide consistent and accurate expectations and ongoing feedback to District Managers as part of an ongoing performance management process through timely assessment of performance using measurable outcomes.
- Collaborate with peers, marketing and training personnel to share information and implement regional initiatives/strategies.
- Advise Area Sales Director and District Managers of market place trends and competitive information.
- Work with Regional Account Managers, National Account Managers and other Regional Directors to develop region specific strategies for managed care accounts.
- Manage regional budget and resource allocations to maximize return on investment.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL
- Bachelors Degree
- 10 years of sales and marketing experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with a minimum of 5 years of management level experience in the pharmaceutical, immunology, biologic/biotech, or medical device industries which may include district management, account management, marketing management, and/or product management experience or the equivalent.
- Experience in district/regional sales position at a pharmaceutical organization.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Limited overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to attend sales meetings at off-site locations.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.