Senior Product Manager - VaccinesApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0024929 Date posted 11/12/2020 Location: Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
This job required the person to
- Prepare for launch of vaccine drive brand plan execution and lead launch as brand team lead.
- Market and build organisation’s capabilities in vaccines marketing.
- Designs, develops and implements marketing programs to promote the organization’s products using innovative channels, i.e. media (e.g. print, digital) events and marketing promotions.
- Establishe marketing strategies, including product direction, advertising, packaging, pricing, expense budgets, profile plans and future product development, to manage a product’s life cycle.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
a) Market Analysis / Feedback
- Commission market research and translate findings to execution
- Review internal & external market data
- Review relevant journals and articles
- Gather information through field contact/market intelligence
b) Contribution to Strategy and Objectives
- Formulate marketing strategies with a market and competitor based rationale in line with global strategies
- Present strategies to senior management and cross functional teams to gain endorsement and buy-in for cross functional support.
c) Development/implementation of Brand Plan
- Develop brand marketing plan based on strategy and work cohesively with cross functional teams to achieve desired results, such as, but not limited to:
- Marketing activities
- Promotional literature in various medium (sales aids, videos, online, etc)
- Ad campaigns / PR campaigns / Vaccination campaigns
- Obtain appropriate approval for promotional materials with relevant department and stakeholders
- Effectively plan and conduct pre-POA meetings with cross functional teams.
- Effective testing of POA materials and communication tools with sales team and customers
- Assess outcomes and provide feedback on activities related to implementation of promotional plans
- Assessment of sponsorships, CMEs, meeting requests, etc
- Ensure organisation of participants and materials for events
d) New Product Planning
- Develop and recommend marketing position, priorities, growth forecast and inventory forecast of products
- Contribute to budget planning or strategic review meetings
- Work with Regulatory Affairs and Supply Chain on packaging needs
- Regularly update and monitor actual performance of product against forecasts
- Review and make pricing recommendations
e) Digital Marketing Planning
- Ability to identify digital trends and experience in market
- Work with internal stakeholder to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners to create digital content and optimize user experience
f) Cost/Budget Control
- Allocate and manage A&P budget
- P&L responsibility
- Accurate forecast of inventory to avoid stock write-off or out of stock situations
- Review and maintain product profitability
g) Product Champion
- Formulate and effectively communicate product launch plans & implementations
- Represent the product in all parts of the business ensuring effective cross-function collaboration among registration, medical, sales and marketing.
- Maintain an updated and detailed product information and literature regarding products, disease states and treatment options of products and its competitors
- Provide product advice and information to internal and external customers as required
- Develop comprehensive product training manual for the product
- Develop presentations for training programs covering:
- Product features and benefits
- Information on competitor comparison
- Market review
- Deliver product training to the sales force as required
- Field visits and conduct field work with representatives on a monthly basis
- Develop advocates and key opinion leaders for the assigned product
QUALIFICATIONS / ATTRIBUTES :
1. Undergraduate degree in Pharmacy / Science / Applied Science / Business with marketing knowledge.
2. At least 5 years of marketing experience, with vaccines portfolio is mandatory. Sales and Sales management experience (5 years) will be favourable.
3. Understanding of Malaysia’s policy landscape and immunization strategies will be advantageous
4. Exposure in FMCG industry will also be advantageous
5. Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
6. Strategic orientation and good business acumen
7. Customer focus and result-oriented
8. Able to analyse complex scientific data in the context of pharmaceutical industry
9. Strong business partnering, team work and influential skills
10. Agile, independent and innovative with high level of initiative and innovation is required for new product launch preparations