Senior Local Procurement Partner (Manufacturing & Supply)Apply Now Job ID 1603039 Date posted01/11/2017 LocationOranienburg, Brandenburg, Germany;
The Local Procurement Partner’s (Manufacturing & Supply) primary focus is end-user service delivery through oversight of smooth execution of all day-to-day procurement activity and on-site business partnering. Providing day-to-day leadership and management of the local Site Procurement teams in Oranienburg (Germany) and Singen (Germany) and where necessary, support for operational buying activity. They will be the first line support for manufacturing and supply operational issues & communication for the site(s) that the Senior LPP is responsible for and will be accountable for high levels of customer service and business partnering at the site(s). They will be a critical on-site liaison to link Manufacturing and the wider procurement organization, in addition to being a valued member of the Site Leadership Team in Oranienburg.
As the primary Business Partner for manufacturing and supply related site-level business partnering, they will be responsible for local requirements gathering to support global, regional and market initiatives and for supporting the local implementation of above site initiatives at the site(s) that they are responsible for as directed by the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead. This will require an in-depth understanding of the Global Procurement Operating Model.
This position will manage compliance with procurement responsibilities in line with local business requirements, with a focus on meeting the agreed local business requirements through the successful provision of goods and services from external third parties. In addition, they are responsible for converting above country negotiated contracts into local contracts and supporting roll-out of these arrangements within their location.
They are required to participate in sufficient relevant training and skills development to ensure continuous improvement.
They will require business level fluency in their region’s primary operating language as well as the primary business language of the site(s) that they are responsible for. Additional competence in other relevant languages will be considered beneficial.
- Partner with multi-site operational stakeholders and perform the role of primary Procurement Business Partner under their area of responsibility
- Member of the Sites Leadership Teams representing Global Procurement
- Engage operational stakeholder(s) for the collation of business partner requirements and translate requirements into Procurement activities, providing appropriate challenges to demand or specification where relevant
- Identify appropriate Procurement resource to carry out requested activities
- Monitor progress of requests and provide regular scheduled updates to business requestor
- Ensure business partners, and end users, have sufficient process and systems support at local level
- Provide first line support to end-users for operational issues, customer service issues or other issue areas that directly relate to the site(s) that they are responsible for
- Gather supplier, market, category, internal business data and internal business partner requirements and priorities as requested by the Manufacturing and Supply Operations Lead or Category teams and providing support for local implementation of global and regional initiatives as required (e.g. providing market research, supply market analysis or supplier discovery across the manufacturing and supply category within their region)
- Responsible for driving procurement penetration across manufacturing and supply spend for the site(s) that they are responsible for and ensuring this spend is channelled through the appropriate processes. This will include agreeing targets with the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead and performing to those targets.
- Provide summarized site level input to the Category Strategy (including sub-category strategy and region-specific category strategy) for specified categories within the Manufacturing and Supply cluster
- Provide input into the top-down target setting process via the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead
- Provide site level input into the development of the Annual Category Plan (short to medium term outlook) and support communication of the Annual Plan with business partners and end users
- Support the execution of site level projects in line with the Annual Plan and targeted goals, as directed by the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Leads
- Ensure Procurement targets at site are aligned to the Manufacturing and Supply Category team planning and provide site level reporting against Procurement Balanced Scored measures and Value Contribution targets (operational metrics, savings, quality etc) to the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operation Lead
- Monitor compliance and adherence to the Procurement Policy and other organizational and category-specific policies and procedures at a site level
- Provide first line support to end-users for operational buying issues for sites that they are responsible for
- Take responsibility for understanding any current or planned sourcing projects which may influence operational buying behaviour
- Ensure operational Procurement targets and KPIs on customer service are tracked and performed against for the site(s) under their responsibility. This includes identifying risks and issues to the delivery of these targets to the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead or Category teams as appropriate.
- Address compliance issues and ensure these are resolved in a timely manner with escalation to the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operational Lead where appropriate
- Address internal issues and ensure these are resolved in a timely manner with escalation to the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operational Lead where appropriate
- Support process optimization efforts (e.g. consignment stock, Supplier Managed Inventory (SMI), e-invoicing, supplier financing)
- Inform the relevant Category Manager or Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead where repeated requests are made for services or products which are not currently provided by preferred suppliers / catalogues
- Day-to-day leadership of Site Procurement staff