Head of Business Excellence (all genders)
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Head of Business Excellence (all genders)Apply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, take charge of your future and join us as Head of Business Excellence (all genders) in Oranienburg.
Global Manufacturing & Supply is the backbone of Takeda. We strive to ensure that our medicines are made available wherever our patients are. In our global manufacturing network, Oranienburg site plays a key strategic role. We have been supplying high quality medicines to the world since 1873. Fresh air and a beautiful countryside on the fringe of the cosmopolitan capital Berlin makes Oranienburg the ideal place to live and a great place to work.
Your primary accountabilities:
- You lead our Business Excellence Team including Operational Excellence, Project Management and Training and drive an AGILE culture across the entire site
- As part of our Site Leadership Team, you develop our AGILE Site Roadmap including digital, laboratory excellence, operational excellence, people-culture-change and end-to-end supply chain, and prioritize new projects accordingly
- You drive and sustain a transformation towards a culture of quality and continuous improvement, through direct daily interaction and presence at all levels
- You establish and sustain lean management systems (e.g. Six Sigma, 5S, Daily Improvement, defect free processes, training & certifications)
- You ensure alignment with your global Business Excellence partners
- You provide expert mentoring and assistance to process owners, operational excellence improvement teams, and individual Green and Black Belts
- You facilitate critical business problem solving on site and within the Takeda network (e.g. best practice sharing)
- You hold a Master’s degree in a technical field
- You have strong experience in a Quality, Supply Chain or Manufacturing environment and a solid track record in driving large-scale transformation
- You are certified in Lean Management and/or own a Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent
- Committed and effective communication and leadership are your strengths
- Managing multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting within a global matrix organization is one of your many abilities
- You are fluent in German and English (spoken and written)
Start your daily work in a friendly, diverse and open-minded environment. You can spend your lunch break together with your colleagues in our own canteen or outside surrounding the green nature of our plant. After work you can use our company health program to do sports or relax.
An attractive Compensation/Benefits package and excellent development opportunities in a global pharmaceutical company make Takeda one of Germany’s most sought-after employers.
Our plant is located in the Greater Berlin area. Public transport will take you from central Berlin to Oranienburg in approx. 30-45 minutes.
Job ID R0014662