Specialty Sales Representative---HALIFAXApply Now Email Me Job ID R0016315 Date posted 01/23/2020 Location: Oakville, Canada
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and has a team of engaged employees who strive for excellence in everything they do.
The Specialty Sales Representative, IBD will play an important role in the evolution of Takeda Canada within the competitive and quickly evolving inflammatory bowel disease marketplace. This position reports to the Specialty Sales Manager, Quebec/Atlantic Region.
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate a track record of building partnerships with customers that balance corporate goals with ensuring positive outcomes for patients
- Possess a winning attitude and mindset, striving to be the best in their class
- Have a learning mindset, be open to adapting to change
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to effectively work with a broad group of cross-functional partners to align on and execute territory and customer plans
POSITION OBJECTIVES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Meet sales objectives for Takeda brands in this therapeutic area by effective execution of the commercial brand and company strategy.
- Apply sound consultative selling practices to support education and promotion of IBD products as well as future Takeda products in the assigned territory.
- Develop, maintain and leverage a network of high influence stakeholders by partnering with and supporting their patient and customer needs.
- Prioritize efforts and resources to maximize territory performance.
- Leverage strong analytical focus, innovative, and strategic insight in order to deliver customer value.
- Build, execute and update territory business plans at territory, account and customer levels to drive Key Performance Metrics.
- Regularly monitor and track performance vs. target for both revenue and costs.
- Identify opportunities and engages other cross functions in customer interactions.
- Manage high level product and therapeutic discussions with various customer groups within the Gastroenterology field to become a trusted partner in advancing IBD patient care. Displays a detailed understanding of clinical trials, study design and can translate evidence-based information into meaningful insights that support the brand strategy.
- Uphold a commitment to compliance and operates with integrity within all business activities, adhering to all applicable industry and organization codes and conduct policies.
- Identify and takes action to meet personal and professional development needs.
- Ensure continuing professional growth to enhance credibility and earn preferred status with customers.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Science or Business from a recognized university
- Minimum of 3–5 years of successful pharmaceutical sales experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong preference to candidates with specialty experience (GI and Biologics)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in key account management
- Proven track record in mobilizing cross-functional teams to create and execute account and customer plans
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining meaningful customer partnerships
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Nova scotia, Newfoundland
CAN - Canada Field