Senior Manager, Ethics and ComplianceApply Now Email Me Job ID R0011144 Date posted 08/06/2019 Location: Oakville, Canada
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
We are looking for a strong candidate for the position of Senior Manager, Ethics and Compliance, Canada.
The Ethics and Compliance Manager (ECM), Canada will play a pivotal role supporting the Head of Ethics and Compliance to enable Takeda to achieve its global mission of striving towards better health for patients worldwide through leading innovation in medicines. The ECM will ensure the Head of Ethics and Compliance for Takeda Canada is updated regularly on compliance activities and on all relevant compliance issues
This position is responsible for operationalizing Takeda’s Compliance Program in Canada and for promoting, both internally and externally, compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and codes, as well as the highest standards of integrity (such as Takeda’s Global Code of Conduct, Takeda’s Global Anti-Corruption and Bribery Policy).
- The ECM will assist with the creation and approval of Takeda Canada policies and procedures and is accountable for the launch, implementation, operationalization and tracking of such documents.
- The ECM will be accountable for the tracking of training programs and systems to support Takeda Canada’s Compliance Program
- The ECM will provide guidance, information and education to Takeda Canada personnel with regards to the Takeda’s Compliance Program and compliance-related matters, including methods to reduce the risk of non-compliance
- The ECM is responsible for assisting with Data Protection Programs within Takeda Canada
- The ECM will assist the Head of Ethics and Compliance for Takeda Canada for the following:
- Assist in the recording and investigation of alleged company Code and Policy violations and/or hotline calls and reports, and other ethics and compliance-related inquiries as instructed by the Head of Ethics and Compliance for Takeda Canada
- Keep current with emerging compliance practices, identify the need for and, in consultation with the Head of Ethics and Compliance for Takeda Canada, engage in the development of new compliance processes, procedures, and/or policies as appropriate
- Build and maintain networks with people across Takeda to identify areas of risk or knowledge deficiencies and, in consultation with the Head of Ethics and Compliance for Takeda Canada, develop and implement customized training strategies to meet those needs
- Conduct routine monitoring of business activities and periodic risk assessments
- Report on country compliance activities and initiatives to the Head of Ethics and Compliance for Takeda Canada
- University Degree - BA, BSc minimum requirement, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 10+ years pharmaceutical industry experience
- 5+ years’ experience in an Ethics and Compliance position preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Occupational Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates unquestionable integrity and professionalism
- Good project management skills
- Ability to work successfully in multi-functional and multi-cultural teams together with experience of operating and leading in a matrix environment (demonstrating leadership and influence without line authority)
- Must be able to work well in close collaboration with IT to implement, operate and oversee various compliance Systems
- Well organized and able to prioritize and manage changing workload and meet deadlines
- Process oriented and able to work in fast-paced environment
- Collaborative, self-driven/motivated(curious).
- Strong time management skills to help prioritize work load in line with the business cycles.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and Takeda’s commercial business
- Good knowledge and understanding of current compliance issues facing the pharmaceutical industry and Takeda’s commercial business
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Broad proven experience of advising on the relevant pharma code
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please