Medical Science Liaison ( Quebec only)Apply Now Email Me Job ID R0011861 Date posted 09/24/2019 Location: Oakville, Canada
Title: Medical Science Liaison
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Medical Science Liaison in our Quebec territory.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Medical Science Liaison working on the Gastroenterology team, you will be empowered to build strong partnerships and educate patients. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by supports medical and business strategies for gastroenterology compounds via field-based activities that are aligned with overall corporate goals and objectives. A typical day will include:
- In the therapeutic area of oncology, identify and develop relationships with key thought leaders that are in alignment with Takeda Canada’s scientific and business objectives.
- Provide scientific expertise and engage in ongoing scientific exchange and balanced discussion of science, to support the assigned region with product and disease state knowledge through individual and group presentations of scientific information to both key thought leaders and to internal Takeda personnel, and between these groups.
- Ensure Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) metrics (both quantitative and qualitative) are achieved.
- Collect medical insights and intelligence and interpret and communicate relevant information in order to define, update, and support the organization’s scientific and business strategies as it relates to the brand(s), competitors, disease states and overall therapeutic knowledge. The goal is to develop and maintain extensive knowledge of disease, its treatment and the competitive landscape.
- Provide assistance with clinical education, publication, communication, training, and advisory programs, to support key thought leader and/or company initiatives.
- Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages in order to communicate with key Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, Marketing, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and facilitate Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) aligned with Takeda’s medical strategies. Facilitate review and track progress of ISR proposals.
- Provide assistance in identifying, evaluating, and screening qualified research sites for clinical investigation. Support clinical trial operations as needed with trial and therapeutic education.
- Provide medical booth and session coverage at scientific meetings and reports information of strategic interest to Takeda, along with scientific representation of company at scientific meetings.
- Address unsolicited requests for medical information from health care professionals, including physicians, patient advocacy groups, medical institutions, pharmacy, etc.
- Deliver scientific and medical training to internal partners.
- Provide clinical presentations and medical information to government accounts, upon request.
- Complete all required training, activity documentation, expense reporting, and other administrative responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform all company business in full compliance with all regulations (e.g., IMC, PAAB, etc.), company policies and procedures, and industry or legal requirements.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 2 years of medical liaison experience within the pharmaceutical industry, with 5 years of healthcare or experience in one or more of the following (medical affairs, managed markets, clinical practice, clinical research or academic) following award of health sciences degree.
- Therapeutic area experience.
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- Quebec Only
- Bilingual (French is a must)
- MD, Ph.D. or Pharm.D.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 70 % travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
CAN - Canada Remote
Temporary / Limited Term