Lead, National Private PayerApply Now Email Me Job ID R0013323 Date posted 10/16/2019 Location: Oakville, Canada
Title: Lead, National Private Payer
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Lead, National Private Payer in our Oakville, Canada office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Lead, National Private Payer working on the Market Access team, you will be empowered to develop and execute national private payer strategies. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by supporting the divers and robust therapeutic areas. A typical day will include:
- Leverages strong existing productive relationships with national/regional private payers, decision makers and stakeholders; including PBMs, benefit consultants, insurers, employers and private plan managers, at all levels of management (i.e. including senior executives)
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive understanding of all stakeholder/customer needs, value drivers and systems/processes.
- Collaborates and partner with key stakeholders, associations, and decision-makers (i.e. CHLIA, etc..) on policy directions that impact Takeda’s private payer plans and strategies specifically in the areas of drugs for rare diseases
- Tracks private payer policy and environmental trends to ensure Takeda’s products are properly positioned for optimal private plan access.
- Anticipates private payer issues and recommends proactive innovative strategies to address opportunities and market challenges to enable Takeda to attain business goals and to differentiate itself in a fast-paced complex environment.
- Develops short and long- term strategic approaches to influence and shape private insurance plan designs, ensuring that listing decisions provide optimal rapid patient access to Takeda medications.
- Provides strategic input into Medical Affairs on clinical programs for pipeline products to ensure the needs and requirements of private payers are addressed early in development.
- Provides strategic input into Medical Affairs and Market Access/HTA teams on the development and implementation of a data generation plan, incorporating clinical development and market research to predict and address the future evidence requirements for private payers.
- Provides private payer customer insights and input into brand plans, commercial strategies, forecasting and PSP programs.
- Monitors outcomes against measurable objectives and indicators e.g. media coverage, social media conversations, content analysis, website analytics and communicates outcomes to third party payers that outline the therapeutic and economic benefits of Takeda’s products.
- Represents Takeda Canada as an active participant on industry association committees (i.e. IMC, BIOTECanada) to inform and shape policy related to private payers.
- Connect with our EUCAN and US Managed Care colleagues to share and to bring learnings to be applied in Canada
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical/health care industry with a minimum of 7 years of direct customer experience with private payers at all levels including senior executives
- Degree in the Health Sciences, Pharmacy, or Business preferred.
- Bilingual (French, English) is an asset for this role.
- Field-based role with a willingness to travel to customer meetings across Canada including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.