Key Account Manager, Oncology - British Columbia (BC)Apply Now Email Me Job ID R0009494 Date posted 06/07/2019 Location: Oakville, Canada
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Key Account Manager covering our British Columbia Territory.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Key Account Manager working on the Oncology team, you will be empowered to lead and develop local strategic customer relationships and grow Takeda’s business, and a typical day will include:
Therapy & Product Liaison
- Deliver agreed strategy and all necessary tactics within the key accounts to drive Takeda performance, including and not limited to delivering product and therapeutic knowledge, detailing to prescribers, and negotiating sales terms with hospital pharmacies.
- Run high-level scientific meetings with customers to convey product importance
- Operate in a manner that is always in line with compliance and legal requirements and accordingtothemarketing and sales strategies.
- Participate at congresses,meetings and trainings.
- Act as an ambassadorfortheTakedabrand, its vision and values that achieves patient focus at all levels ofthe business.
- Formulate comprehensive and insightful key account plans to build, manage and improve trustful relationships with key stakeholders, whilst maximizing Takeda performance.
- In coordination with supply chain, ensure Takeda product(s)is/are available at account level
- Support and collaborate with In-Field Market Access territory partner to gain product access to local formularies and/or protocolswithin your accounts.
- Develop deep local insights into priority accounts to shape and implement innovative offerings to meet account needs.
- In coordination with the Brand Team lead by Marketing, shape and identify key marketing strategies that reflect customer needs and implement activities to support this strategy
- Prioritize and manage accounts within assigned territory by assessing appropriate business opportunities through contacts with key decision makers and important local players.
- Make changes as needed from new business opportunities and changes in the market place to achieve financial objectives.
- Analyze territory sales and competitors together with customer behavior for best KAM or IFP planning.
- Perform local marketing and sales analyses and gain patient flow insights.
- Champion Key Account Management approach and share best practices among KAM team.
- Track and communicate KPIs and performance metrics as defined in the account plan
- Form, execute and follow-up tactics and KAM plans with respect to strategies and objectives for business areas in a cost-effective way leading to best ROI.
- Report on progress and deviations to National Field Operations Director
- Weekly reporting and analyzing and follow-up of activities in CRM system.
Communication & Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Develop and maintain strong, effective and constructive relationships with external partners including KOLs, therapy nurses, other HCPs, patient associations, hospital pharmacists and administration to name a few by taking a leadership role in the communication and liaison between all external customers
- Proactively engage in collaboration with fellow KAM team as well as other field partners, including MSLs, IFMA and Project Managers (where available) to ensure alignment in objectives and coordination of activities with accounts and external stakeholders
- Identify and raise relevant issues and propose potential solutions through the appropriate internal and external channels
- Conduct market surveillance and communicate in-field intelligence on customer insights, external stakeholder activities and trends to key internal stakeholders, particularly the BU Head and Product Manager on a regular basis
- Demonstrated ability to convert market and therapy knowledge into business success
- Proven results in promoting pharmaceutical products with high demand of clinical explanation
- Knowledge of national healthcare system and experience in communicating and negotiating with healthcare decision-makers and managing complex networks
- High level of strategic and analytical thinking around a product
- An entrepreneurial mind-set combined with solid business acumen
- A personality that encourages cross-functional work in the account team, combined with a clear account leadership; responsibility, initiative and commitment
EDUCATION, LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Science or Business from a recognized university
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years+ of successful pharmaceutical sales experience
- Strong preference to candidates with experience in Oncology, Multiple Myeloma
- Strong understanding of pharmacology and therapeutic knowledge is an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Completion of Accreditation course by the Council for Continuing Pharmaceutical Education (CCPE) an asset
- Bilingual in English and French (both verbal and written communication) mandatory for Quebec positions
CAN - Canada Remote