Regional Account Director - Northern IrelandApply Now Job ID 1602805 Date posted06/02/2017 Location Northern Ireland, United Kingdom;
Takeda is a global
pharmaceutical leader with more than 31,000 professionals working together
across 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and
we live our values ofTakeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance.
We are united by our 235-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our
mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people
worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’slives—includingyour own
Takeda is committed to improving the lives of cancer patients by delivering extraordinary medicines through our science, innovation and passion.
Well recognised as pioneers of Key Account Management principles, as a Takeda RAD you will personally champion this methodology across your region and work in collaboration with other sales teams and corporate functions.
Your primary responsibility will be in leading, developing and implementing the strategy for your regional business plan and financial objectives with rigour and precision.
Our RAD’s understand their business as if it were their own. Through their deep understanding of regional account performance they align their business objectives to both the central Takeda strategy and to NHS customer needs across the local health economy.
By effective utilisation of resources, including dedicated regional Customer Account Specialist support, you will be successful in securing appropriate access and coverage to deliver against your plan. As an expert of your region, you will enjoy developing deep customer knowledge and bringing forward insights and new business opportunities for the Takeda business.
• To construct, present and agree with the Divisional Sales Director the financial objectives, promotional strategy and tactics for the Region as part of business planning process.
• To provide line management to the Customer Account Specialists including leading, monitoring, motivating and inspiring the team.
• To be accountable for the delivery of the plan across the diabetes portfolio of products, working with other field teams, their line management and Takeda Head Office functions.
• To leverage support for products, ideas and projects across a local health economy and to contribute to the development and mobilisation of local and national brand advocates.
• To maintain a detailed knowledge of national policy objectives and drivers and apply this to identify opportunities for growing the business at a Regional level.
• To ensure that all knowledge management and CRM systems are maintained in accordance with Takeda standards, possess a thorough understanding of the provisions of the APBI Code of Practice, remaining compliant with Takeda SOPs and policies.
Empowering Our People to Shine
You will need to demonstrate outstanding key account management skills with an entrepreneurial drive to work with minimal direction.
Preferred candidates will have substantial proven sales success within the pharmaceutical (or related industry) sector with the willingness and ability to manage customer relationships at all levels from Primary Care GPs & Nurses to KOLs, Meds Management & Payors in Secondary Care.
Additional skills required:
• Degree educated in a science or business related subject or equivalent qualification
• ABPI qualified preferred
• Exceptional business planning and account management skills
• High level leadership and people management skills
• Sound understanding of the UK Pharmaceutical industry, including NHS policies, structures, funding streams and processes.
• Strong commercial acumen and budgetary management skills
• Proactive and accountable with a clear drive for delivery of the plan.