Account Lead, London AreaApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0040655 Date posted 09/20/2019 Location: Newbury, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as our Account Lead, London Area.
As our Account Lead, you will manage and own account(s) in catchment area(s) through cost-effective resource deployment and will deliver on agreed targets (e.g., sales and disease awareness targets) and other performance metrics in executing all agreed activities of disease awareness and account action plans in collaboration with the cross-functional team.
You will develop strategic, efficient and cost-effective disease awareness and account action plans to be reviewed and signed-off by Business Leader.
You will appropriately coordinate with cross-functional team to deliver on high medical standards.
Manage account(s) and catchment area(s) through cost-effective deployment/prioritisation of own capacity and resources and deliver agreed targets (e.g., sales targets) and other performance metrics in executing all agreed activities of disease awareness and account action plans in collaboration with the cross-functional team
- Build relationships with all KOLs/prescribers advocating for Takada products and coordinating the delivery of added-value service
Disease awareness activities:
- Working with GCO to execute filtering of relevant core specialists
- Develop and drive targeted mailing/digital/other awareness campaigns
- Deliver educational updates to KOLs/HCPs/other stakeholders of the ecosystem organising/taking part in peer-to-peer meetings, masterclasses, congresses, roundtables
- Building strong relationships with referring HCPs
Develop strategic, efficient and cost-effective disease awareness and account plans to be reviewed and signed-off by Franchise Head
- Develop own strategic account and disease awareness action plans
- Focus on translating growth-driving plans into a robust and cost-effective business case
Appropriately coordinate with cross-function team to deliver on high medical standards
- Call out to Medical for regular updates and review of material and initiatives
- Collaborate with event planner for organising masterclasses, congresses, etc.
- Work closely with the Franchise Head on updating and making disease awareness and account action plans that are cost-effective and innovative
- Strategic account plans and regular status update to be reviewed and signed-off by Business Leader
- Strategic disease awareness action plans for the catchment area around the account(s) and regular status update to be reviewed and signed-off by Business Leader
- Awareness and follow-up calls to KOLs/prescribers/relevant non-prescribing core specialists
- Participation and/or organisation (together with event planner) of roundtables, congresses, masterclasses, peer-to-peer meetings
- Consistent application of duties
Education, Behavioural Competencies
- ABPI Qualification
- Excellence in key account management
- Best in class business planning
- In-call challenging and influencing skills
- Efficient management of territory budget with demonstrable evidence in gaining maximum return on investment
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities and project management within a regional and/or national setting in a commercial role
- Developing and leading innovative projects which have led clear business outcomes
- Team player, able to work within a complex cross-functional environment
- Previous experience in raising disease awareness, and identification as well as customer education
- Tenacious, self-motivated and pro-active, someone who is always seen to take the initiative
- Demonstrable, consistent successful sales record
- Highly competent with PC (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM systems
- University degree preferable or relevant experience in the London area
- Experience of working with rare diseases and in niche markets
- Strong proven attitude for Biotech/ Hospital/ Speciality products promotional field work
- Full UK Driver’s license - Regularly required to travel throughout territory as requested
- Ability to occasionally travel internationally
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.