Quality Control Scientist (1 year duration contract)Apply Now Email Me Job ID SR0032653 Date posted 02/06/2019 Location:Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available at Takeda Neuchâtel Plant (approx. 650 employees) for a Quality Control Scientist (1 year duration contract).
This is an exciting career opportunity for a dynamic, autonomous, continuous improvement minded and change agile professional to embrace a team-based culture and more specifically within the Quality Control teams within a world-class Biotech GMP manufacturing environment.
The job holder is accountable for life cycle management activities of analytical assays performed in the QC laboratories of Neuchâtel - Switzerland with a focus on laboratory investigations. In addition, the job holder also leads critical material qualification (reference standards, assays controls and critical reagents).
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Comply with GMP and Data Integrity requirements through applicable guidelines and procedures
- Identify and facilitate/lead problem-solving and improvement projects using DMAIC approach
- Investigation owner and coordinator (out-of-specification, out-of-limit, and out-of-trend analytical results, and other types of investigations)
- Responsible for writing qualification plans and reports for critical reagents and reference standards
- Write assignment plans and reports for method controls, establish and perform evaluation of control charts
- Support and preparation of audits, audit responses and regulatory submissions
- Participate in multi-site projects as local project lead, working in collaboration with other scientists from Quality Control and Analytical Development groups
Education & Experience
- University or engineering degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry or biotechnology
- Min 3 years of experience in GMP pharmaceutical business activities
- Experience in GMP laboratory activities with good knowledge of analytical methods
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements concerning analytical test methods and licenses
- Fluent in French and English (C1 written and spoken)
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Minitab)
- Knowledge of advanced statistical tools (i.e. hypothesis/relationship testing, sample size determination, control charting, capability, and design of experiments)
- Experience in problem solving (facilitation and application of DMAIC tools)
- Able to set his/her own priorities and tight timelines
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to synthesize information and defend conclusions publically
Living our leadership behaviors is a basic expectation for all Takeda employees. Takeda expects all employees to embody the following:
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.