PMO Project Manager
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
PMO Project ManagerApply Now
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available at Neuchâtel Plant (approx. 600 employees) for an experienced PMO Project Manager to join our PMO team with our Business Excellence department.
Working within the Project Management Office (PMO) team, your mission will be to manage different types, sizes and complexity of cross-functional projects in a wide range of fields and technical domains, including CAPEX and Digital capabilities initiatives, from their initiation, planning, execution to their closing and hand-over to the End Users to improve & ensure the current Neuchatel Plant and production activities.
In addition, you will also contribute to and provide training, coaching and support to our project stakeholders (project team members, sponsors and steering committee members) in project management business processes, methodology and tools), as well as sharing and coaching peer project leaders and managers on key leadership skills relevant and essential to their role, to be successful with their project teams and endeavors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Project Management Office (PMO) team, belonging to the Site Business Excellence department, ensures continuous support to Takeda Neuchatel project management related site activities and installation and is specifically responsible for managing and delivering projects of varying complexity that span the complete site operations and organizational boundaries.
The PMO Project Manager has the responsibility of driving projects to completion by:
- Planning, managing project execution and team, as well as suppliers’ contractual engagement
- Providing appropriate reporting to all relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring financial follow-up of our commitments
- Coordinate and supervise project execution related activities, from initiation to close out (hand-over)
- Ensure project requirements are met in a timely fashion and within budget guidelines
- Lead and develop project team members
- Ensure compatibility and consistency with existing organization and industry standards (PMI, cGMP, GEP, GAMP, etc.)
- Respect Takeda project management governance
- Provide project inputs to the site Long Range Plan
- Provide timely requested information to Portfolio Steering Committee and Global Takeda PMO
- Respecting and applying the Takeda EHS rules
- Being always at the right level of training, in compliance with regulatory requirements
Profile and Competencies
- Engineering degree (BS, MS or equivalent) in electrical, mechanical, process engineering, food and/or biotechnology
- 8+ years experience in leading complex cross-functional and technical projects (Process, equipment, commissioning and validation of systems, infrastructure, facilities, utilities, IT equipment)
- Experience from Pharma/Biotech/Food/Chemical/Electronic/Manufacturing or similar
- Experience in project cost estimation & cost controlling, resource estimation
- Knowledge of GAMP, GEP, cGMP, FDA guidelines, ISPE guidelines, ASTM E2500 standards
- Good organization and communication skills
- French and English (spoken and written)
- Certification in Project Management (PMP, Prince or equivalent) is a plus
- Proven leadership skills in managing teams in weak project matrix organization (indirect resources)
- Influences change and supports others in the change management process
- Courage of conviction and open to critical feedback
- A natural leader, comfortable with networking and connecting people
- Strong facilitation and organization abilities
- Computer skills: ERP, MS-Project, MS-Office suite
You are willing to bring a significant contribution to transform our site to be the preferred facility for Takeda’s future products by implementing efficiently our key projects and help to improve our performance and practices.
You feel comfortable in taking the lead of sites strategic projects, both technical and with a strong human and change management dimension.
Then we welcome you to join our PMO team as Project Manager at Takeda Neuchâtel within the Business Excellence department.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0050213