Plant Engineer – Facility and Utilities
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Plant Engineer – Facility and UtilitiesApply Now
About the role
As a Plant Engineer (F&U), your mission is to supply the engineering expertise necessary to support and continually improve the Takeda Neuchatel site and ensure the continued production activities while respecting all relevant standards, cGxP's, SUVA, reglementations etc.
The F&U Plant Engineering group is part of a team comprising also all maintenance functions and is responsible for the life cycle of the equipment. This includes asset planning to anticipate obsolescence issues, reliability, and technical support for the end user with respect to investigations, re-occurring problems, required modifications, optimizations and Continuous Improvements.
Additionally, the Plant Engineer shall also support the delivery of projects of varying complexity that span the complete site operations and organizational boundaries. As Plant Engineer, your primary area of activity will be the utilities area, all facility buildings, HVAC on BDS , Aseptic Filling areas, Warehouse etc.
The Plant Engineer shall :
- Be the primary contact (Subject Matter Expert SME) for the users of Facility and Utility installations with regard to technical aspects.
- Provide expertise in systems and production equipment such as Water treatment (Water softners, RO, WFI production and final waste water treatment), HVAC (clean room and technical), Compressed air (including nitrogen, oxygen and carbon dioxide distributions. Energy and water recovery operations.
- Lead &/or Support the design, installation, commissioning and qualification of improvements, changes or upgrades to the equipment/plant.
- Ensure proactively that the technical condition of the equipment, systems and installations are appropriate for use, proposing corrective actions and/or improvements to the end user in case of non optimal
- Organize and coordinate corrective actions (related to deviations or CAPA), improvements and modifications.
- Ensure compatibility and consistency with existing organization and industry standards (cGMP, GEP, SUVA/ASIT etc.)
- Ensure that appropriate safety measures are taken to prevent all risk of injury
- Develop and apply good engineering procedures and company standards.
- Ensure implementation of site, divisional and corporate procedures.
- Participate in internal and external audits as a system expert.
- Lead the Takeda Obsolecense programme and drive reliability practices.
Education and Experience
- Engineering degree (BS, MS or equivalent) in mechanical, chemical & process or automation
- 7+ years experience in the Pharma/Biotech industry (Process/Engineering and/or Manufacturing).
- Experience in the installation, commissioning and validation of pharmaceutical facilities, and process equipment equipments as per the following:-
- Process piping & instrumentation
- HVAC, chillers, cooling towers, black steam boilers, clean steam generation, compressed air, nitrogen (liquid/gas) distribution, CO2/O2 distribution.
- Autoclaves , CIP/SIP Systems and processes
- Water treatement systemes – Softners, RO, WFI generation
- Energy and water savings iniatives – CO2 reduction etc.
- PLC/Automation (Siemens/Johnson Control/Allen Bradley) programming and Utilities experience an asset.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Good Engineering Practices, cGxPs, FDA guidelines, ISPE guidelines, ATSM2500 & ASME/BPE standards.
- French and English (spoken and written), German a plus
- Computer skills: MS-Office suite and MS-Project and/or Primavera
- Good problem solving
- Technical learning
- Team oriented and confident to work autonomously
- Ready for hands on activities
- Action oriented skills
- Agility and flexibility to work in a fast paced environment.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0048786