Laboratory specialist purificationApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0037774 Date posted 06/26/2019 Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
LABORATORY SPECIALIST (PURIFICATION)
An exciting opportunity has become available at the Takeda Neuchâtel Plant (approx. 620 employees) for a highly skilled laboratory specialist with validated experience in purification processes and recombinant protein, within the Manufacturing science department.
This is a challenging career opportunity for a dynamic, continuous improvement minded and change agile professional to embrace a team-based culture within a world-class Biotech manufacturing environment.
Manufacturing Science department is owner of the process hence this team of SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) is a key player for all complex issues or projects involving the product. The jobholder will support laboratory team regarding protocol execution, troubleshooting and improvement projects at lab scale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute small scale purification studies (chromatography, ultrafiltration)
- Column packing (0.5 to 10cm diameter)
- Execute protocols (development, investigation, process qualification)
- Collects, summarizes, and analyzes data to prepare reports and presentations
- Presents the data to a scientific audience (R&D and Manufacturing science partners)
- Lead investigation link to lab deviation
- Evaluates and implements innovations in the area of expertise to deliver better performing solutions. Develop and optimize process parameters
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master in biochemistry, biotechnology or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, ideally in process development
- Good theoretical knowledge of recombinant protein purification (chromatography, ultrafiltration)
- Good knowledges of Unicorn software
- Knowledge of analytical tools for recombinant proteins (ELISA, SDS, HPLC…)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in cell culture and statistics is a plus
- Knowledge of GMP rules
- Good communication skills and team spirit
- Fluent in French and good level of English (level B1/2)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.