Head of Quality Services and Improvement
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Head of Quality Services and ImprovementApply Now
Site de Production Biotech | Biotech Manufacturing Site
Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available at Takeda’s Neuchatel Manufacturing plant (approx. 650 employees) for an experienced…
Head Quality Services & Improvement
…to join our Quality leadership team.
As “Head Quality Services and Improvement”, you will provide leadership across the Neuchâtel site Quality organization to promote and drive strategic thinking and innovative approaches to change the business. This includes coordination of various transformations and continuous improvement initiatives (OPEX, Lab Transformation etc.) as well as providing support as a member of the Site Quality Leadership Team.
You will be reporting into our local Quality Site Head and will help achieve the Quality vision based on Science, Systems and People. This role is all about building and promoting a Quality Culture through collaboration and partnerships, innovation, continuous improvement, and a learning environment that includes knowledge and best-practices sharing.
- Facilitate development of strategies for an integrated quality approach & culture in the organization in order to position Quality as a competitive advantage for Takeda Neuchâtel.
- Coordinate Quality projects, initiatives, process improvements and best practice sharing across the Global quality organization; including appropriate tools and training.
- Build strong foundation for collaboration and ensure management of interdependencies across the Site and the organization with all internal business partners.
- Develop a framework for innovation & new technology
- Drive involvement of SCIENCE-based thinking to ensure application of new technology and continuous improvement (e.g. OPEX/Lab Transformation)
- Provide executive sponsorship to key network forum groups to assure collaboration and alignment and efficiency of processes across the network.
- Assess laboratory and other technology gaps and partner with leaders to assure technology is in place where appropriate to drive efficiency
- Drive best practice and continuous improvement initiatives
- Keep overview on budget and resource management for the Quality Department
- Maintain strong networks with industry groups and contacts in order to stay current with industry best practices and trends
- Provide leadership in coordination of talent management processes with Site Quality Leadership Team and our HR business partner.
- Engage in projects to ensure people development across the network/site
- Actively champion and role model our Quality Culture of continuous improvement, learning organization principles and innovation as well as adherence to the principles and values of Takeda-ism.
- HES or University degree, e.g. pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry or related engineering / technical field as an advantage
- Profound quality and manufacturing experience within a pharmaceutical environment
- At least 5 years of leadership experience, developing people and strength in managing projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation, continuous improvement and out of the box thinking in both structured and unstructured environments
- Knowledge of and experience with developing culture and project activities to adhere to international regulations (e.g. FDA, EMEA), GcP, GMP and GDP guidelines, ICH, PIC/S and other relevant current industry standards.
- Experience with IT systems and their application in a Quality organization
- Strong communication skills
- Lean-6-sigma certification
- Analytical and critical Thinking Skills
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0042941