Head of Maintenance
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Head of MaintenanceApply Now
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
The Head of Maintenance leads the site Engineering team providing maintenance, calibration and reliability engineering services and is responsible for managing day to day operations of internal and external workforces executing maintenance, metrology/calibration, and reliability services at cGMP biotech site with 24/7.
The Head of Maintenance is responsible for executing local planning and reliability program as well as for safety, compliance, and financial performance of site organization while meeting customer KPI’s and production goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage day to day operations of internal and external workforces executing maintenance, metrology/calibration, and reliability services at site with 24/7 operations, in compliance with EHS and QA standards.
- Lead and develop a team of 4 supervisors and approx. 50 indirects reports in their respective fields through consistent and effective coaching, communication and training.
- Execute local planning, scheduling and reliability program to pursue the goals to increase operational efficiency, reduce downtime, and achieve industry leading performance in maintenance, calibration and reliability management.
- Develop and implement of site procedures and service level agreements to ensure safety and compliance of operation.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement projects at site with the objective of achieving quality, reliability and cost.
- Develop and Report on key metrics used to monitor progress and develop strategic and tactical plans to advance overall performance.
- Responsible for the preparation of the site budget for Maintenance, Calibration, Planning Sechduling and Reliability services.
- Responsible to respect and exceed the site budget objectives
- Guide, Counsel and Support plant shutdown processes at site to accomplish the intended purpose while minimizing the downtime.
- Takes part into the Site Operating mechanisms with the goal be fully integrated in the plant routine operations.
- Responsible to define the spare part plant policy and to guarantee availability of the spare parts to support the plant maintenance and calibration strategy.
- Responsible to guarantee the execution of department task associated with CAPA, calibration, deviations.
- Responsible for the development program of the site team with the purpose to determine and develop strategic competencies.
- Owner of the local maintenance and calibration system and responsible for application of all relevant SOPs.
- Responsible for definition, approval of main maintenance and calibration external contracts.
- As well responsible through his organization for the service provided from external contractors to the plant
- Excellent communication & listening skills, can adapt style to the audience
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, self-motivated
- Capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience
- Able to convince on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods
- Team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture within the manufacturing teams
- Structured/Systems thinking with good technical understanding
- Ability to think and act cross-functionally
- Able to work in a fast and dynamic environment with a high emphasis on achieving results
- Must be able to provide solutions that reflect an understanding of business objectives and cost implications
- Demonstrated ability in technical writing, describing complex processes and qualifications and to translate it into clear, precise reports
- Fluent in English and French
Education and Experience Requirements
- Project and people management experience is a must
- Bachelor/Masters in Engineering and more than 10 years of experience within a biotech/pharmaceutical manufacturing environment (Process Operations or Quality)
- Strong stakeholder management abilities, always being professional, business and goal oriented and eager to take decisions
- Strong awareness of safety and quality for all activities
- Expertise in Quality/Compliance within an FDA regulated/GMP manufacturing setting
- Experience with Six Sigma DMAIC tools (e.g. FMEA, Is/Is Not, Cause & Effect Diagram, Contradiction Matrix, etc.)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0040838