Global Supply Chain Planner (9 months)Apply Now Email Me Job ID SR0032615 Date posted 02/01/2019 Location:Neuchâtel, Switzerland
The person we are looking for is responsible for developing and maintaining detailed production plan for different manufacturing process steps while balancing plant capacity, efficiency, shipment, and logistics. He/She coordinates bulk/final product shipments to other Shire facilities, CMO (s), and/or to defined warehouse(s).
- Develop detailed production plan for different production step(s) (i.e. Bulk, Fill, Finishing, e.t.c.) at a defined frequency (i.e. daily/weekly) that is in alignment with master production schedule (MPS) and/or allocation plan by factoring in plant capacity and efficiency.
- Review MPS with production team on a set frequency (i.e. weekly), propose adjustments to master planner or global supply analyst if needed, and finalize detailed production plan for different production step(s). Communicate the final production plan to manufacturing operations to ensure alignment.
- Issue and maintain work orders in ERP system.
- Validate production and/or shipment plan(s) with Quality release to ensure plan(s) is/are executable for all releases outside of normal release cycle (i.e. expedited)
- Coordinate with logistics team the product shipment between plants, CMO site (s) and/or shipment of finished goods to desired warehouse to ensure timely delivery per committed plan.
- Participate in Monthly Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP).
- Plan and support clinical product introduction, product launches in new countries (geographic expansion) and/or product enhancements.
- Secondary contact for planned sample requirements and/or planned stability study requirements to be considered in the volume planning.
- Manage special packaging requests, repackaging, bulk pack for stability and/or clinical requests.
- Collect, analyze, create/update, and report supply chain key business metrics (i.e. MPS/Lead time/ship fulfilment, product/shipment schedule adherence, work order timely closure, inventory metrics) on a required frequency (i.e. daily/weekly).
- Analyze and communicate plant capacity to master planner(s) and/or global supply analyst(s), manage product conversions, and/or new production introductions independently.
- Reconcile and maintain code level inventory to meet business needs.
Report all deviations from the committed timelines and raise the flag on any raw material limitations to the next level up
BUSINESS EXCELLENCE/CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Lead continuous improvement projects and support initiatives within supply chain value stream
- Participate in daily OMTs.
- Participate in BOM changes
Maybe required to perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience :
- B.A./B.Sc. in Engineering/Science/Business Administration/Supply Chain or an equivalent field or experience
- 0-3+ years of technical operations experience (junior level) or 4+ years (senior level) supply chain or relevant experience
- 3-5+ years of experience in ERP systems (senior level)
- Lean/six sigma certification preferred
- APICS CSCP or CPIM certification preferred.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.