Facility & Utility Engineering Lead
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Facility & Utility Engineering LeadApply Now
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
The Facilities and Utilities Engineering Lead is recognized within Takeda as a subject matter expert (SME) for the Neuchâtel Biologics manufacturing facility with respect to all Facility and Utility related engineering services activities. In this role, he / she is responsible for Integrated Facilities Management, Facility and Utility Engineering and Operations activities within the Site Engineering function.
This position reports into the Head of Site Engineering at the Neuchâtel manufacturing site. The Facilities and Utilities Engineering Lead is an integral member of the Neuchâtel Site Engineering Leadership Team.
The Facilities and Utilities Engineering Lead ensures that the Facility and Utility Engineering and Operations teams are staffed with the appropriate skills and capabilities to meet all Site Engineering functional goals. He / she establishes Facilities and Utilities Management organization focusing on right first-time delivery and following industry best practices to meet the strategic needs of the Takeda Neuchâtel Manufacturing Plant. He / she ensures the availability and correct function of all facility related equipment and utilities in a timely and cost-effective manner and the reduction of downtime and malfunctions to a minimum.
Essential Duties & Responsibilitie
- Lead and develop a team of 3 F&U Engineers and approx. 15 indirects reports (maintenance technicians and operators) in their respective fields through consistent and effective coaching, communication and training.
- Lead, resource as appropriate and manage the Facilities and Utilities Management function (i.e. Facility and building engineering and maintenance and utility operations and control)
- Fulfill all relevant external and internal compliance, EHS and quality requirements by focusing on right first-time principles and using compliance as a competitive advantage
- Operate Utility Systems and the Waste Water Treatment Plant fulfilling all requirements and applicable Quality and EHS Systems and Policies and ensuring smooth and uninterrupted services for production.
- Manage, coordinate and control the prescribed IFM partner (ISS) to ensure that Takeda requirements and needs are met in a complaint and effective manner.
- Hire and train the workforce as necessary for the Facilities and Utilities Management function.
- Develop the Facilities and Utilities team to make sure that all reports can fulfill their assigned functional goals and KPIs and contribute to the achievement of the overall Site Engineering Department goals and KPIs
- Manage shift and emergency response in routine operations
- Liaise with the Manufacturing Teams and all Support Groups to ensure the fulfillment of production targets and operational effectiveness
- Prepare and update the assigned Facility and Utility budgets and fulfillment of the budget targets
- Manage assigned projects within the Facility and Utility Management function and support other Site Engineering and all other departments at site in the planning and execution of projects
- Consult and seek alignment with the Maintenance, Plant/Process Engineering, Automation Engineering, Engineering Services and Capital Projects functions within Site Engineering to achieve the optimal engineering structure and effectiveness of services delivered to the Manufacturing Plant
- Consult and coordinate with Facility and Utility Management representatives within Global Engineering to share lessons learned and best practices
- Represent the Facility and Utility Management function in all internal and external audits
- Ensure the continuous improvement of all processes and workflows to yield stable, lean and efficient manufacturing and business processes as well as an efficient and lean organization
- Adhere to any applicable EHS, Regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Commit to a fair and respectful relationship to others and behavior in accordance with Takeda’s Code of Conduct.
- Excellent communication & listening skills, can adapt style to the audience
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, self-motivated
- Capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience
- Able to convince on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods
- Team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture within the manufacturings teams
- Structured/Systems thinking with good technical understanding
- Ability to think and act cross-functionally
- Able to work in a fast and dynamic environment with a high emphasis on achieving results
- Must be able to provide solutions that reflect an understanding of business objectives and cost implications
- Demonstrated ability in technical writing, describing complex processes and qualifications and to translate it into clear, precise reports
- Fluent in French and English
Education and Experience Requirements
- People management experience is a must
- Bachelor/Masters in Engineering and more than 10 years of experience in Manufacturing and Pharmaceuticals (Biopharma) preferred
- Strong stakeholder management abilities, always being professional, business and goal oriented and eager to take decisions
- Strong awareness of safety and quality for all activities
- Expertise in Quality/Compliance within an FDA regulated/GMP manufacturing setting
- Experience with Six Sigma DMAIC tools (e.g. FMEA, Is/Is Not, Cause & Effect Diagram, Contradiction Matrix, etc.)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0042776