EHS RepresentativeApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0032571 Date posted 02/06/2019 Location:Neuchâtel, Switzerland
The primary role of the EHS Representative is to continuously improve all EHS compliance activities across the Neuchâtel site. This includes:
Coaching and advising all levels of management within manufacturing, warehouses, laboratories and office functions in effective EHS leadership
Providing and developing training
Facilitating task risk assessments
Performing required inspections and investigations
Maintaining EHS permits and licenses
A strong focus will be placed on EHS project and program ownership.
In addition, the EHS Representative supervises the security service and emergency response organization.
- Support and lead EHS programs to ensure compliance with the latest regulations, best practices or corporate standards.
- Work with and provide direction to other departments.
- Manage consultants and/or contractors for day to day operations.
- Facilitate the Management of Change (MOC) Process with Engineering, Facilities, Labs and Manufacturing to capture changes within the business, provide direction regarding environmental program and compliance requirements. Capture changes and impacts to current management systems and provide updates or changes as necessary.
- Ensure that all EHS related incidents are reported and investigated to determine causes. Help establish and implement corrective actions and make recommendations for areas needing improvement. Track corrective actions to closure. Ability to lead complex investigations across the site.
- Develop and deliver EHS training to all personnel as required by regulations and by internal standards and procedures.
- Lead and assist with internal audit inspections related to the EHS program requirements.
- Supervise the security service and emergency response organization.
Education & Experience Requirements
Professional apprenticeship. Specialized high school diploma an advantage
Federal diploma – Workplace safety and health protection specialist
Federal diploma – Fire safety specialist
3 years in a production / maintenance position
3 years as workplace safety specialist
Previous contractor/consultant oversight is desired.
Excellent verbal and written communication skill
Excellent interpersonal skills
Continuous improvement and solution oriented
Rigorous and maintains high standards of performance
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.