Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Data ScientistApply Now
Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
As Local Data Scientist within the Manufacturing Science department you will be responsible to find innovative ways to serve patients
- As Local Data Scientist you will report directly to the Digital & Data Scientist Lead and be responsible for driving the local execution and implementation of Global Manufacturing Science (GMS) Data Science strategy and initiatives.
- The role responsibility gathering and identifying local data science possibilities/initiatives/requests in collaboration with local team, IT, Engineering, Quality and global GMS data science.
- This role also provides the local link between local and global GSM data science, local functions, Quality, IT, Engineering in the respective Operational Business Unit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives the execution for local implementation of GMS data science roadmap initiatives.
- Owns, manages and drives local data science initiatives according to prioritization (e.g. Predictive Maintenance, Down Time Analysis, Yield Improvement etc.). Manages the respective functional and cross-functional interdependencies accordingly.
- Manages and drives local process monitoring and improvement in collaboration with global GMS data science (e.g. descriptive statistics and visualization, statistical process control, out-of-the-box-tools) and Operational Excellence team.
- Manages, drives and executes respective reporting in collaboration with global GMS data science (e.g. automated daily/monthly/annual).
- Drives necessary local trainings.
- Master in Engineering, Mathematics, IT, Economics or Physics with focus on Control Theory/Statistics/Mechatronics, Information/Operation
- 2+ years work experience in data analysis related position or equivalent academic experience/course record
- Hands-on experience in applying and executing Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data and Digital with respective programming knowledge
- Respective programming knowledge in Python/R/C is required. Further programming experience, a plus
- Proficiency in database languages (SQL), understanding of data models and databases
- Demonstrated contribution or interest to ethics of Artificial Intelligence
- Fluent in English
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0050851