What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Takeda is a patient-focused, innovation-driven global pharmaceutical company that builds on a distinguished 235-year history, aspiring to bring better health and a brighter future for people worldwide.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
At Takeda, you will make a positive impact on people’s lives every day–including your own. It’s important to us that our employees feel they are empowered to perform to the very best of their ability as every member of our team is working towards bringing better health and a brighter future to millions of people worldwide.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals is on the cutting edge of innovation, for more information on our latest breakthroughs and discoveries visit our newsroom today!
Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have maintained an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 235 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
We focus our research and development on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, and on providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
The Takeda sales representative is responsible for selling the Takeda family of products. This will be achieved through clinical discussions with targeted health professionals to maximize sales growth and increase product volume within a specific geography.
- Utilize effective selling skills and product knowledge to influence targeted health care professionals to prescribe Takeda promoted products. Execute brand strategies to ensure a consistent company sales and marketing message.
- Pre-call plan to meet health care professionals' (HCP) needs. Leverage data and customer knowledge to build discussions around HCP's and patients’ needs. Deliver accurate and timely follow-up discussions with HCP’s and office staff. Foster ongoing trust with HCPs. Use the Takeda Selling Model, to influence the HCP decision making process.
- Analyze territory information to optimize routing and achieve sales results. Monitor local market conditions for changes that impact business.
- Utilize sales tools, resources and supporting analysis to plan activity. Develop and execute plans to maximize selling resources.
- Report and monitor sample and literature use, and maintain accurate records.
- Distribute product samples in accordance with approved sampling guidelines and marketing literature to physicians and other healthcare providers (HCP’s).
- Collaborate with partners on routing and resource utilization to maximize overall footprint performance.
- Provide feedback to District Managers on market place trends, challenges, programs, response to promotion, and product access. Collaborate with DM to establish goals and implement plans to enhance current skill sets and sales results.
- Attend all company-sponsored sales and medical meetings as directed by company management.
- Actively pursue continuous learning and professional development on efficient sales, communication & product knowledge training.
- Perform Company business in accordance with all regulations, Company policy and procedures. Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards at all times.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Limited overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to attend sales meetings at off-site locations.