Medical Science Liaison GD & GIApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0023461 Date posted 09/29/2020 Location: Minsk, Belarus
Medical Science Liaison (MSL), GD & GI
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future in Takeda. Join us as Medical Science Liaison (MSL).
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 31,000 professionals working together across 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 235-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As Medical Science Liaison (MSL) you will be responsible for Takeda’s medical affairs presence with external stakeholders through scientific exchange and research.
- Execute medical plan in the field by communicating fair-balanced therapeutic area, product-related and clinical information to external stakeholders (e.g. key opinion leaders (KOLs), physicians, academic institutions, hospital formulary committees) and responding to unsolicited requests for medical information. Additionally, this position will provide key insights learned from the medical and scientific community to internal stakeholders to guide the medical and brand plans.
- Work closely with the Medical Advisor/Lead to lead the in-field execution of the MA-developed medical plan. This position will also collaborate cross-functionally and execute medically-relevant strategies and tactics as well as provide scientific expertise and training to cross-functional stakeholders as needed.
- This position is a field- based position, with approximately 70% time in the field collaborating with KOLs and other external customers as needed.
Critical Skills and Competencies
- Fluent written and spoken English (mandatory)
- Ability to work at a high scientific and clinical level to ensure quality peer-to-peer engagement with external stakeholders
- Clear and concise presentation of clinical data, including discussion of statistical and clinical relevance in line with key messages
- Autonomous, in-field work while contributing to central Medical Affairs
- Co-operation and teamwork
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Internal and external networking
- Good internal and external communicator
- Results oriented
Experience and Education
- Medical Doctor (Ph.D. will be considered as advantage)
- 2-4 years working experience in pharmaceuticals, healthcare industry, or academia
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships easily, even with challenging people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Strong planning & organization skills with ability to priorities
- Independent and self-driven with a positive work ethic
- Proven track record of teamwork, cross-functional collaboration, and leadership
- Results oriented with high sense of urgency and adherence to timelines
- Experience in providing clinical data and disease area training to both medical and non-medical colleagues (desirable)
- Ability to engender trust and respect of peers and superiors
- High integrity, ethical & professional mindset
- Well versed in highly technical and scientific languages
- Acts with integrity, fairness, honesty, and perseverance (“Takeda-ism”)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Fluent English
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include:
- Corporate Flexible Benefits program (annual bonus, long term incentive)
- Meal allowance, flexible hours
- Comprehensive health and life insurance
- Exposure to working in an inclusive and diverse workforce
- Tremendous exposure and learning across a wide geography
- Training and Developmental opportunities
Empowering Our People to Shine