Manager Trainee - Operations (Travel Program; Relocation Required)
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, Maple Grove, Minnesota, Mounds View, Minnesota, Saint Cloud, Minnesota, Waite Park, Minnesota
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business units are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Join us and discover a career that is life-changing for you – and life-changing patients all over the world.
Takeda’s Brooklyn Park manufacturing facility provides long-term strategic benefits by enhancing Takeda’s capacity to manufacture additional commercial products and investigational drugs under clinical development. This plant allows Takeda to establish and develop direct commercial bio-manufacturing expertise, and is poised to be a world-class biologics drug substance production facility. When fully constructed, it will be a 215,000 square-foot facility manufacturing multiple antibody products, including Entyvio.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
Heart of Innovation
The sharing of expertise by employees who have decades of experience with younger colleagues is an essential part of our work culture, playing an important role in both fostering strong community relations, and also in ensuring we maintain the quality of our products.
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Manager Trainee - Operations (Travel Program; Relocation Required)Apply Now
Are you a self-motivated leader looking for a career that you can feel good about? At BioLife, opportunities to build a fast-paced career are within your reach. As a Manager Trainee, you will participate in a training program that will further develop your leadership skills and prepare you for accelerated career growth.
Our centers are fast paced. That’s how we tackle rare disease.
With the incredible growth of 145+ BioLife Plasma Services centers across the U.S., the future looks bright for you. Opportunities to grow as a person and as leader are within your reach. When you work at BioLife, you’ll feel good knowing what you do makes a difference.
A typical day for you may include:
- Career Growth & Development: The development program lasts approximately 12 months. Upon completion, you’ll have an additional six months to advance into an Assistant Manager position. You’ll receive training and 1-to-1 support and engage in mentorships.
- Learn Operations Leadership: During the program, you’ll learn the business and industry, and build your skills by contributing to financial, marketing, administrative, regulatory, quality, people, and facilities management.
- Contribute to Creating Life-Changing Medicines: Maintaining our exceptional quality and service standards is key to creating life-changing medicines. You’ll develop the skills to meet production and cost goals while ensuring compliance with regulations and BioLife SOPs.
- Travel Opportunities: Through our comprehensive travel package, you’ll visit BioLife locations across the country. Build your network while learning from BioLife team members at different centers.
- Supportive Teamwork: Foster an inclusive team environment with a group of diverse individuals. Collaborate and communicate with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional Customer Service: Create a positive donor experience and maintain donor satisfaction. Assist with production as needed.
- Relocation: After completing the program and being promoted into a management position, you’ll be required to relocate to one of BioLife’s locations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of leadership experience (approximately 3 years)
- Willingness to travel up to 75% - 85% and relocate upon completion of the program
- Live near a BioLife Plasma Services location or be willing relocate to Appleton, WI for the duration of the program
- Ability to walk and/or stand for the entire work shift
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Have a valid driver’s license for the entire duration of the program
- Ability to lean, bend, stoop, crouch, and reach above shoulders and below knees
- Ability to frequently lift to 32 lbs. and occasionally 50 lbs.
- Fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment from a distance
- Due to potential exposure to bloodborne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require prolonged glove wear
- Experience working with SOPs, GDP, GMP, CLIA, and the FDA
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
We Offer Comprehensive Benefits from Day One
- Major medical, dental, and vision insurance and prescription coverage for eligible employees
- A minimum of 15 vacation days and 10 company paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement savings with a generous employer contribution and matching program
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we’ll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LocationsMinneapolis, MNBrooklyn Park, MN, USA - MN - Maple Grove, USA - MN - Mounds View, USA - MN - Saint Cloud, USA - MN - Saint Paul, USA - MN - Waite Park
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0036654