Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Automation ManagerApply Now
- Subject matter expert for the site automation system
- Engineer and manage medium to large process control system/equipment improvement, optimization, and expansion and upgrade projects to meet site objectives.
- Engineer and manage new process control/automation projects from the concept to commissioning and validation
- Overseeing Installs, Troubleshooting, Repairs / Maintenance, Commissioning and Acceptance Testing to a variety of Test Equipment including: PCs, Controller Networks, Data Acquisition / Control / SCADA Systems and the associated devices / equipment.
- Provide moderate to advance technical assistance to site operating groups through investigations, control system assessments, and design support.
- Assist in preparation and execution of the Validation Qualification protocols related to automated and control systems.
- Provides technical and non-technical feedback to validation personnel for the successful qualification of systems.
- Help to troubleshoot and diagnose Control system complex problems, working closely with Control System/Instrumentation Technicians and maintenance personnel
- Update and develop User Requirement Specifications, Functional Specifications, Design Specifications, Operation and Maintenance Manuals for the new and existing control systems
- Work closely with IT groups as a cross functional team member to meet automation project objectives.
- Apply GMP principles within the workplace. Incorporate cGMP and regulatory compliance into all assigned project scopes, design and construction activities.
- Develops automation related SOPs
- Performs training for users of the systems
- Maintains control system – system & application backups, virus protection, operating system patches, etc.
- Assists in establishing preventative maintenance requirements
Skills, experiences and qualifications required for the job:
- Electrical/Controls/Software Engineering Degree.
- +8 years hands on experience with process controls equipment including PLCs, HMIs, SCADA systems, SQL relational database systems, and Networking including design and debugging skills.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in pharmaceutical environment including regulatory requirements associated with 21 CFR Part 11 and supporting validation of control system equipment.
- Wonderware and Siemens Apogee BMS experience preferred. Hands on experience with Windows Servers hardware and Microsoft Windows - applications.
- Extensive cross-functional team experience, including technical and non-technical work.
- Recognized as a technical expert by peers and other personnel within the business unit.
- Successful track record of managing wide-ranging activities within the business unit. Demonstrates independent project management skills to successfully deliver automation projects to completion
- Possesses a high level of technical expertise on a specific process control system and their connections to facility equipment, production equipment, instrumentation, and manufacturing systems, loop controllers, HVAC controls, and related electrical/electronic equipment and devices.
- Hands on experience with Allen Bradley PLC programming software, Wonderware system platform, various types of PLC and PC based software and servers.
- Technically independent and maintains state-of-the-art technical abilities. Display initiative and commitment. Able to make independent contributions to the development of new methodologies or new technologies for process control systems. These activities are done under limited supervision.
- This position requires a high degree of analytical skills to provide automated solutions to improve processes and integrate new equipment to meet company and project objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Expected to carry phone device for on-call 24 hour support as required
- Fluent Spanish and English (C1), knowledge of other languages will be an asset.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Open to travel punctually
Job ID R0007964