Los Angeles, California
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Warehouse LeadApply Now
Assist training and leading a team of warehouse coordinators to achieve operational KPI’s. Work cooperatively with internal business partners and customers in accordance with the company’s mission, vision, and values. Candidate will help maintain a clean and safe work environment by communicating daily/weekly goals. Share successes, opportunities for improvement and best practices with the team. Research and resolve issues and provide feedback on operations, processes, and associate performance to the warehouse supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs coordinators in daily tasks.
- Assists supervisor in resolving discrepancies between production and warehouse.
- Coordinates intermediate product shipments.
- Conducts cross-functional, cross-business communication and coordination with all manufacturing and shipping stakeholders to ensure efficient Warehouse Department operations.
- Prepares all documents and physical assignments necessary for shift to perform efficiently and productively on a daily basis.
- Cross trains and assists Warehouse Coordinators.
- Complies with SOPs, GMPs, safety rules and regulations, and departmental procedures.
- Provides leadership to enhance performance of department and take charge in the absence of the supervisor.
- Move materials through warehouse using Power Industrial Trucks (forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.).
- Move materials outside of the facility using a 24 ft. Box truck.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and comfortable with using a computer.
- Ability to train others in on specified core competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform removal of hazardous waste.
- Requires strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in warehouse management systems and pc environments.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must possess one (1) year experience within most recent three (3) years.
- Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards.
- Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.).
- Required to monitor facility conditions pertaining to safety, cleanliness, temperature, and general operational functions.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, AA preferred.
- 3-5 years of warehouse and/or technical office experience.
- Class C Driver's License.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required. (only for non-exempt positions)
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0044593