What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Takeda is a patient-focused, innovation-driven global pharmaceutical company that builds on a distinguished 235-year history, aspiring to bring better health and a brighter future for people worldwide.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
At Takeda, you will make a positive impact on people’s lives every day–including your own. It’s important to us that our employees feel they are empowered to perform to the very best of their ability as every member of our team is working towards bringing better health and a brighter future to millions of people worldwide.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals is on the cutting edge of innovation, for more information on our latest breakthroughs and discoveries visit our newsroom today!
Takeda has maintained an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 235 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
We focus our research and development on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, and on providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Responsible for the design, development and enhancement of manufacturing processes.
The primary responsibilities of this role are the execution of equipment and process improvement projects, design, development or enhancement of new and existing products and processes and being a system owner for manufacturing equipment and processes. Enhancing process knowledge, technical problem solving and mentorship are major elements of this position. This positon will provide technical support to the manufacturing and maintenance functions for the operation of equipment and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize standard engineering principles to resolve difficult problems, from conception to final design with team input
- With minimal guidance, schedule and lead a team through the planning and execution of a medium sized project or defined piece of a larger project. This includes evaluation, selection and adaptation of various engineering techniques, constructing detailed, accurate project schedules, interfacing with development groups and technical support groups.
- Devise new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
- Supervises/coordinates an engineer and/or technicians and contractors on assigned work and projects.
- Perform standard engineering assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project. Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under direction of the Manager. Assess results for application, validity and conformance to specifications. Recommend material and process specifications.
- Lead technical problem solving for operational issues using engineering and scientific principles
- Perform equipment testing and commissioning, and support qualification activities as needed.
- Lead/participate in process equipment improvement projects. This consists of identification and implementation of equipment and process changes in adherence with industry standards and company quality systems.
- Support manufacturing operations through the system owner concept. Remain responsible for equipment operating efficiencies and identification and resolution of systemic issues.
- Create detailed and accurate project schedules and budgets in accordance with the approved scope. Interface and align with cross-functional groups. Remain accountable for projects timelines and spending. Identify and resolve issues that may jeopardize project schedules/scope/cost in a timely manner.
- Establish, develop and drive Good Engineering Practices and execute projects in accordance with the prescribed project management methodology.
- Strong process engineering skills based on sound engineering and scientific principles
- Extensive technical expertise and strong working knowledge of other related disciplines of engineering common to the business
- Must have excellent communication skills in order to effectively communicate with all levels of professionals, both internal and external
- Demonstrated ability in technical writing, describing complex processes and qualifications
- Able to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience
- Effective team member with experience in handling multiple projects and leading cross-functional teams with minimal guidance
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Able to incorporate cGMP concepts, quality systems requirements and safety into process and equipment design
- Must be able to provide solutions that reflect an understanding of business objectives and cost implications
Education and/or experience
- BS in Engineering and 5+ years related experience required. Demonstrated success in delivering results in several technical challenges. Experience in the biopharmaceutical manufacturing environment related to Engineering, Project Management and Validation. The candidate must have good communication skills and the ability to perform effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required (only for non-exempt positions).
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0031899
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.