Quality Control Analyst Biochemistry
Los Angeles, California
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Quality Control Analyst BiochemistryApply Now
This position reports to Grave (3) shift. This shift schedule is Monday-Friday 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM. This shift requires working on all company designated holidays. Due to business need, on select occasion employees may be required to work overtime and/or support operations on an alternate shift.
Conduct biological, chemical and physical analyses on pharmaceutical products (biologics and drugs) through all stages of the manufacturing process from incoming raw material through finished goods including at a minimum; in-process, final container, stability and critical systems testing. Responsible for ensuring the daily operations of assigned functional area are met through scheduling, troubleshooting, and coaching. Must participate and/or drive completion of improvement projects and responsible milestones.
- Conduct biological, chemical and physical analyses on raw materials, stability, in-process samples and final products, and samples collected from systems monitoring programs, following controlled test procedures. Work under some Supervision.
- Use sophisticated laboratory instrumentation and computer systems to collect and record data. May perform advanced assays requiring precise analytical skills and understanding of biological and chemical principles.
- Perform review of test data with application of GDP.
- Complete all testing, including special project / protocol testing in a timely manner. Prepare and/or direct lab protocol studies under some supervision.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs and specifications, FDA, GLP, QSR and cGMP regulations. Ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance is maintained in assigned area and/or system.
- Demonstrate familiarity with product specifications, process reference files, code of federal regulations, and compendia requirements.
- Use Global LIMS or other computerized systems for entering and approving test results.
- Actively contribute to a team setting within the laboratory and potentially with other work teams to increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost savings, improve quality, and provide new product support.
- Ensure laboratory area is maintained in a GMP state at all times while following all EHS and 5S guidelines. Will be expected to do laboratory walk through to ensure area is suitable for hand off to oncoming shifts.
- Prepare and update SOPs as required under supervision.
- Perform equipment maintenance and calibrations as required. May be the subject matter expert on assigned equipment.
- Drive Lean principles such as 5S throughout daily work activities.
- Ensure personal training requirements are met and that training records are current.
- May be required to perform microbial and particulate monitoring of clean rooms throughout the Manufacturing Facility for qualification purposes.
- May perform removal of hazardous waste.
- Other duties as assigned by departmental management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and drive tasks to completion in a timely manner.
- Computer literate and competent with a solid knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets (such as Microsoft Office).
- Must be detail-oriented, conscientious, and responsible.
- Capable of applying sound decision-making to problem-solve technical, compliance, or operational problems as assigned.
- Effective interpersonal communication and influencing skills. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have basic understanding of laboratory instrumentation and chemical handling.
- Working knowledge of applicable CTP/SOPs, EHS requirements, FDA Regulations, application of cGMP/GDPs and USP, JP, EP procedures.
- Must be able to learn new computer systems and programs in a timely manner.
Education and/or Experience:
- Typically requires bachelor's degree -science, engineering or other related technical field preferred.
- Some related work experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
- 20/20 near vision required (corrected as acceptable).
- Must be able to recognize and distinguish among the colors red, yellow, and blue.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- No contact lenses may be worn in the work environment. No make-up, jewelry, nail polish or artificial nails may be worn in the work environment when applicable.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work, standing work, and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- May be required to enter a cold, wet environment and climb stairs or ladders to retrieve samples.
- Will work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and celite that may require respiratory protection.
- May be required to work or be assigned to a different shift to meet business needs. Must be willing to work off shift hours.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Primarily inside working conditions.
- Some clean room and cool/hot storage conditions.
- 5% travel as applicable.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0044012