Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
This position reports to Weekend Night (E) shift. This shift schedule is Friday and Saturday 10:00 PM to 10:00 AM, plus a third day during the week. This shift requires working on all company designated holidays. Due to business need, on select occasion employees may be required to work overtime and/or support operations on an alternate shift.
The incumbent is a member of the production scheduler team within the LA site. As the production scheduler, he/she will be responsible for creating and updating B5 (Fractionation) daily production schedule and B8 (buffer prep, Albumin, AHF, and Pilot Plant) production schedules in the assigned shift. The production scheduler will ensure the accuracy of the schedule and identify opportunities to minimize delays and to optimize manufacturing processes. The incumbent will work together with manufacturing team members as well as support group members. Direct interactions with contractors, vendors, suppliers, and customers may also be necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and update daily production schedules (Fractionation, Purification) for manufacturing
- Create advanced, weekly production schedules for all manufacturing departments
- Schedule non-production related activities such as sanitization, rinse sampling, PM, corrective maintenance, engineering, and/or validation projects
- Attend supply chain and maintenance planning meeting to forecast weekly production
- Create mock schedules based on alternate production conditions/scenarios for management as necessary
- Identify improvement opportunities in the schedule or in the process as related to WIP management
- Recommend solutions to optimize processes and to minimize delays in the production
- Interface with production scheduling tools (Excel and/or other system), DeltaV, EBM, and other supporting tool
- Collect data and perform data analysis related to WIP, cycle time, lead time, etc
- Participate in critical safety and continuous improvement related activities in the site
- Perform other support activities for production needs as necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and understanding of cGMP regulations
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions
- Math and computer skills (Microsoft Office programs such as Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Project)
- Experience in DeltaV, EBM, scheduling software, or similar systems
- Must be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision, prioritize multiple tasks, and manage time effectively
- Detail oriented and effectively organize documentation for review
- Must be able to independently recommend and suggest solutions
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- Multi-tasking ability
Education and/or experience:
- High school diploma or GED. 4+ years of related work experience or AA degree or higher and 2+ years related work experience
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 15 lbs
- In general, the work requires a substantial amount of sedentary work that includes typing and computer interactions with some walking around observing conditions in the facility
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish, or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- May be required to work in a confined area
- Some clean room and cool/hot storage conditions
This job posting excludes CO applicants.