Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Oncology Nurse Liaison - Los Angeles/Phoenix
Los Angeles, California; Phoenix, Arizona; San Diego, California
Business Area Overview
At Takeda Oncology, we aspire to cure cancer, with inspiration from patients and innovation from everywhere. We value employees with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. As a member of our team, you would bring your unique perspective to help us achieve our aspiration and help us demonstrate our commitment to patients on a daily basis.
We ensure a tight connection from research to development to commercialization to rapidly meet the needs of the cancer community, optimizing our ability to bring transformative medicines to patients. Our demonstrated leadership in the treatment of hematologic cancers and solid tumors combined with cutting-edge science through multiple platforms, partnerships and therapeutic approaches, enable us to bring novel medicines to patients worldwide.
At Takeda, you will have access to the resources of a company with over 200 years of heritage, a diverse and robust pipeline, a values-driven culture and career development opportunities.
A Global Top Employer
It’s not about the headlines at Takeda, it's about doing the right thing.Brendan Turner Marketing Manager
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 11 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2022.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Oncology Nurse Liaison - Los Angeles/PhoenixJob ID R0050315 Date posted Oct. 14, 2021 Location Los Angeles, California
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
As a member of Takeda Oncology, your work will contribute to our bold, inspiring vision: We aspire to cure cancer. Here, you’ll build a career grounded in purpose and be empowered to deliver your best.
The Oncology Nurse Liaison (ONL) is a field-based position reporting to the ONL Lead under the US Medical Affairs Organization. This position will cover Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Las Vegas.
- Drive disease specific educational activities in our targeted disease states with key stakeholders that represent Advanced Practitioners, community health care providers and as appropriate patient focused organizations
- Engage key regional medical stakeholders at an account level to educate on clinical practice, to understand the APP voice and collect insights from this group related to disease state, landscape changes, best practices and key concerns
- To deliver education on relevant disease state and diagnostic awareness (pre-launch) to advanced practice providers (APPs) located in academic institutions, acute care hospitals and key community clinics
- To deliver product educational programs (post-launch) to academic institutions, acute care hospitals and key community clinics with a primary focus on patient adherence, early side effect detection and route of administration training (where necessary)
- Assess Regional education needs in collaboration with other medical colleagues to define a medical stakeholder engagement plan across a specific territory
- Develop an education strategy designed to help APPs and healthcare professionals (HCPs) adequately manage patients on Takeda Oncology products as well as increase their education surrounding the contemporary issues in cancer patient management
- Partner with Takeda Oncology cross-functional field colleagues to manage customer-facing educational activities including in-services, ONL educational presentations and nursing society meetings.
- Compliantly collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure best outcomes for patients
- Communicate product and trial information and educate on dosing, precautions, and safety profile
- Maintain disease state awareness and plan and execute ONL education programs; Educate safety, efficacy, use, dosing and administration
- Conduct clinical and laboratory “territory alert-driven” provider education to support quality interventions that could positively impact patient outcomes
- Sync educational efforts cross-functionally to drive a high-quality patient & provider experience
- Provide field medical input to refine cross-functional digital account management via OMNI
- Work with the ONL Lead to compliantly develop and implement a plan to educate the market within assigned specialty and geography.
- Partner with national, state and local nursing organizations to provide education on assigned disease states.
- Develop regional engagement plan to allow for stronger relationships with key nurse opinion leaders
- Manage resources effectively while maintaining accurate records of company-related expenditures
- Identify and communicate customer issues, educational opportunities and medical developments through supervisor and internal partners.
- Attend and participate in franchise meetings, training classes, conventions/conferences, and other medical-related activities.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Registered Nurse (RN) designation
- Minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical industry and/or clinical experience, preferably with an oncology focus
- Strong clinical expertise and ability to articulate and communicate complex information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and standard programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the oncology market, preferably focused on the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop professional relationships with internal partners and external customers
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in related disease states and the ability to serve as a technical and clinical resource to the medical community
- Ability to manage time and a large geography
- Ability to resolve customer issues
- Demonstrate strong presentation/platform skills
- Demonstrates customer literacy and ability to interpret clinical and market data
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) designation
- Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/HCP sites
- Overnight travel (approximately 40-60%), including evening activities and occasional weekend commitments
- Ability to use field based telephonic and computer tools for all aspects of the job is critical
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsLos Angeles, CAPhoenix, AZ, San Diego, CA
Time TypeFull time
View All Oncology JobsSearch
Senior Manager, Clinical Research, Medical Affairs - Oncology
Boston, Massachusetts Medical Affairs Apply
Manager, Clinical Research - Medical Affairs, Oncology
Boston, Massachusetts Medical Affairs Apply
Medical Science Liaison/Sr. Medical Science Liaison
Boston, Massachusetts, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Remote Medical Affairs Apply
We take action by focusing on our four priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
About our location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaExpand Map