What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Takeda is a patient-focused, innovation-driven global pharmaceutical company that builds on a distinguished 235-year history, aspiring to bring better health and a brighter future for people worldwide.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
At Takeda, you will make a positive impact on people’s lives every day–including your own. It’s important to us that our employees feel they are empowered to perform to the very best of their ability as every member of our team is working towards bringing better health and a brighter future to millions of people worldwide.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals is on the cutting edge of innovation, for more information on our latest breakthroughs and discoveries visit our newsroom today!
Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have maintained an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 235 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
We focus our research and development on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system, and on providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Medical Science Liaisonin Los Angeles, CA.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Medical Science Liaison working on the Medical Affairs team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contibutions and a typical day will include:
- Functions in field based Medical Affairs representative in order to identify potential opportunities for clinical studies with Takeda Oncology pipeline molecules
- Provides compliant fair balanced, accurate, non misleading responses to unsolicited requests for information to ensure appropriate utilization of Takeda Oncology marketed products
- Identifies, establishes and develops relationships with health care providers and other key external stakeholders (managed markets, advocacy groups, cooperative group chairs) in order to support Medical Affairs strategic goals
- Establish compliant relationships with investigators and health care professionals
- Provide scientifically accurate, fair balanced, non-misleading disease state and molecule data to various audiences and responds appropriately, compliantly to unsolicited requests for information
- Develop and implement territory management plan that advances Medical Affairs goals
- Facilitate initiation and enrollment of clinical trials
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with MSL team and internal stakeholders
- Identify and communicate research opportunities and threats that may influence Takeda Oncology drug development
- Consistently manages administrative duties on time
- Engage in continuous learning to expand scientific knowledge, attend appropriate meetings and support Medical Affairs responsibilities at meetings
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A doctoral or advanced practice degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD, Ph.D., NP preferred with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Two years of healthcare or related experience (managed markets, clinical practice, research or academic) following award of doctoral/advanced degree
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, and ability to communicate complex scientific information in a clear, concise fashion
- Knowledge of the key phases, processes, that are involved in both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently, good time management skills, ability to prioritize across multiple priorities
- Therapeutic area experience.
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on geography.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.