Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Manufacturing Technician II
This position is responsible for executing all processes in production while strictly adhering to cGMP, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations which could apply. He/She is expected to fully participate in both departmental projects and any quality working teams which may be applicable. Under the general direction of the manufacturing lead operator and the overall direction of the supervisor, this position shall be responsible for the hands on execution of all activities in the production area. Activities include manual tasks and operation of automated equipment. He/She has sufficient technical and administrative competence to initiate minor revisions to existing documents, to troubleshoot simple existing procedures, and to contribute to continuous improvement initiatives. . He/She must always promoteTakeda’sfocus on Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety rules, SOPs, cGMP, work rules and other company policies and initiatives.
- Support all local manufacturing operations.
- Complete relevant paperwork following GDP/GMP guidelines.
- Perform hands-on execution of manual and automated manufacturing operations. Equipment includes but is not limited to: Centrifuges, Filter Presses, Ultrafiltration systems, CIP/COP, Nanofiltration Skids, Chromatography Columns and material handling devices.Manual activities include weighing and addition of chemicals, paste suspension, equipment cleaning, room cleaning, equipment assembly/disassembly, transfer panel connections, titrations and other activities.
- Receive and distribute supplies into the production area as necessary.
- Perform removal of hazardous waste.
- Troubleshoot minor process problems and respond to process alarms.
- Communicate issues related to safety, quality, compliance and equipment to the manufacturing lead operator and supervisor.
- Participate in the training of team members on the manufacturing floor.
- Participate in the revision and review of pertinent documentation as appropriate.
Education and/or experience:
- Participate in Safety and Continuous Improvement Teams.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- General working knowledge of related manufacturing techniques and specialties.
- Basic Automation experience using DeltaV, Electronic Batch Management, PLC, etc.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical production equipment including but not limited to centrifuges, filtration systems and CIP/SIP (Clean in Place/Steam in Place).
- Must have good communication skills (both verbal and written) and understanding of cGMP regulations in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written procedures.
- Proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
- Good computer skills.
Education and/or experience:
- High school diploma or GED plus 1+ years of related experience or AA or higher with no prior experience required.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time throughout the duration of an 8 or 12 hour shift.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs while wearing special gowning.
- May require bending, twisting, reaching, and/or squatting motions to perform certain tasks.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and filter aid that may require respiratory protection. Facial hair must be removed if required to wear respirator.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required. (only for non-exempt positions)
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Location and Salary Information: This post excludes CO applicants
EEO Verbiage for US Reqs
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.