Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Head of Engineering Automation
This position is responsible for developing and managing the automation strategy, implementation plan and system integrations. Lead scope definition, conceptual design, specifications, budgeting, scheduling, commissioning, and production support. Partners closely with other key stakeholders to develop consensus around automation systems including process and utility equipment automation, building automation systems, electronic batch records and other systems. Provide guidance, review and direction as necessary to create relevant and functional Life Cycle and other documentation in accordance with cGMPs and Shire Quality Systems standards. Provide guidance and direction to Shire employees and contractors to meet schedule and financial goals while ensuring technical success.
Create and manage a department vision that aligns with the organization’s vision or strategic plan. Based on significant technical expertise, reviews and approves complex design concepts and provides general direction to technical staff. Utilizes solid understanding of theories and practices of a variety of disciplines to manage complex projects or programs within boundaries of quality, time and budget. Acknowledged outside of business unit or division for input on programs. Exhibits creativity and innovation in completing divisional and cross-functional/business unit responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate/coordinate with other groups to ensure successful implementation of design.
- Applies state of the art techniques in the area of expertise to develop new or improved products and processes.
- Leads large-scale programs and multiple small projects with complex features.
- Performs financial planning and assists in the analysis to justify project approval.
- Independently plans, schedules and leads cross functional team in detailed phases of the engineering work.
- Develop and implement new product/process requiring development of technologies
- Plan and schedule project implementation. Responsible for defining scope of work for project team.
- Manage, identify, hire, develop and recognize technical staff; create and maintain employee and organizational development; as well as HR plans which meet business needs.
- Review and analyze proposals to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Responsible for policy setting and defining procedures for the staff.
- Provide guidance and assist risk assessment and validation.
- Execute projects in accordance with the LA Plant Project Management Methodology guidelines and practices.
- Must have experience leading automation scopes for significant capital projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have significant experience managing external contractors and experience leading automation scopes for large capital projects.
- Experience managing automation systems in an FDA-regulated manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of GMPs, FDA guidelines, purchasing practices and validation.
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
- Ability to manage multiple cross functional teams simultaneously.
- Ability to design and influence outside of immediate scope of responsibility.
- Maintain industry contacts and be involved in industry interest groups.
- Proven track record of management/leadership effectiveness.
Education and/or experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical or Bio-Chemical Engineering. Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Minimum15 years of experience in process design, controls engineering and process improvement.
- An in-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical or food industry process equipment automation related to process equipment, building automation systems, electronic batch records, HVAC , purified water systems (R.O., WFI) and Intimate understanding and extensive experience with Emerson Delta V systems and configuration is highly desirable.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Location and Salary Information:
This job posting excludes CO applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.