Tender Management LeadApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0033631 Date posted 03/12/2019 Location:London, England
Looking for a new role within a dynamic and innovative organisation, that truly values its employees. Then Takeda is the place for you!
The primary purpose of the Tender and Pricing Lead is to lead on the tender strategy across all of the assigned products that are tendered, managed the tender team and set the overall strategy for tender products within the UK and Ireland. The Tender and Pricing Lead will be the main contact with the Commercial Medicines Unit for all up-coming tenders (and other key national framework and tender stakeholders in the devolved nations), will be responsible for tracking new tenders and alerting relevant members of the cross-functional team to them, and ensuring all the administration is completed on time and to a very high standard. They will be the main link between the international team and the UK team.
The Tender and Pricing Lead also works cross functionally with medical, marketing and other colleagues in market access around tender shaping activities and stakeholder engagement.
Tender and Pricing Lead will work with commercial, finance and technical operations to ensure correct prices for products are entered into databases held internally, and also ensure that new prices or price changes are communicated to customers through relevant pricing databases This will be conducted for the UK and Ireland.
Develop tender strategy for all assigned products that are tendered, in particular for the haemophilia products
• Proactively support the influencing of the NHS contracting & procurement environment, with novel and differentiating approaches to optimise product positioning on frameworks and to ensure optimal patient access to the haemophilia portfolio
• Coordinate, by working with cross functional teams, tender submissions for all relevant business units
• Support cross functional colleagues on framework agreements, extensions, and terminations including the development and project management of high quality bid submissions
• Lead on relationship with the commercial medicines unit for all tender submissions
• Complete and submit relevant paperwork for tenders
• Educate internal teams on the tender process
• Represent UK as Tender Champion as part of the International Tender Network
• Take overall responsibility for the management of pricing databases, of list prices and contract prices.
• Manage electronic filing system of supporting documentation for both tender and non-tendered contract price agreements
• Maintain records of all tender submissions, contract award / decline, and debrief information including outcomes for all brands and competitors to create a database resource to guide decision making on tenders
• Preparation of quotations and any other pricing offers on behalf of the business portfolio
• Management of external NHS Framework contract and pricing databases
• Take responsibility for pricing data maintenance Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
• Monitor and audit contract & pricing information entered in Tender and Quote Management system
• Responsible for managing allocated programmes and budgets
Education & Experience Requirements
- Degree in life sciences or equivalent
- Strong NHS knowledge and tender knowledge
- Understanding of NHS policy
- Deep understanding of the business
- Experience working with external customers at national and local level in particular senior NHS England and Scotland stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in project management to deliver outcomes
- Key Skills and Competencies
- Business oriented, entrepreneurial mind-set
- Natural team player able to work in a cross-functional environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to create strong relationships
- Flexibility and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with positive attitude and ability to prioritize projects
- Gravitas and ability to influence and persuade both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong enthusiasm with a drive to success
- Tenacious, self-motivated and pro-active, someone who is always seen to take the initiative
- Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results
- Proven capability to influence and drive change agenda without formal authority
- Business acumen and budgeting skills
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to present and portray the company image with varied audience
- Ability to convey commercial objectives into market access strategy and value access and demonstration solutions
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.