Service Development ManagerApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0039798 Date posted 10/08/2019 Location: London, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a SERVICE DEVELOPMENT MANAGERin our UK-REMOTE location.
The purpose of the role is to lead the development and roll-out of cost-effective joint working projects across the region to improve ADHD services. This may include the creation of new services in secondary or primary care and/or the continual improvement of existing services. You will use your expert NHS knowledge to work with relevant stakeholders, devising together appropriate and compliant methods of reducing waiting times for ADHD diagnosis and treatment, increasing patient throughput to services, which in turn will lead to better patient experience and outcomes.
Internal – Account leads, Health economics, Medical Scientific Liaison, Brand managers, Business lead, Business unit head.
External – Service managers, Secondary care mental health leads, General Psychiatrists, Forensic psychiatrists, GPs, NHS commissioners, Primary care mental health leads, Primary care Network managers.
- To provide the service development plan for the region with continual project milestone updates
- To develop the local business plan for each joint working project to share with the NHS team
- To be accountable for the delivery of the business plan, working with other field teams, their line management and Takeda Head Office functions.
- To build a solid understanding of the NHS local priorities, referral pathways, funding streams and NHS structure to enable appropriate plans to be built.
- To monitor and review the account level interaction plan(s) and logistical objectives, proactively making adjustments in line with changing circumstances to ensure that all objectives are achieved.
- To work collaboratively with other Takeda field teams and Head Office functions to integrate working practices and differentiate Takeda effectively to leverage maximum value for the company and the NHS.
- To possess a thorough understanding of the provisions of the APBI Code of Practice, remain compliant with Takeda SOPs and policies throughout the duration of employment and complete training within required deadlines, to ensure that the Company's image and reputation is never jeopardised by irresponsible or unethical conduct
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in scientific or business-related subject or equivalent qualification such as a nursing.
- ABPI qualified.
- Clean driving licence
- Right to work in the EU
- Responsibility for managing customer relationships across the full spectrum of customer types, including population decision-makers within the local health economy.
- Demonstrate high-level of project planning skills – with evidence of being able to deliver high-level complex projects in a clear process
Skills / Attributes
- Exceptional NHS knowledge
- Exceptional Project management skills with collaborative working
- High-level leadership skills
- High level of influencing and negotiation skills
- Sound understanding of the UK pharmaceutical industry and demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of NHS policies, structures, funding streams and processes relevant to promoted products
- Demonstrates well-developed business and commercial acumen
- Ability to assimilate and communicate complex clinical data
- Proactive and accountable with a clear drive for completion and delivery
COMPETENCIES FOR THE ROLE
- Provides NHS insight and understands where the barriers are for patients accessing the system
- Identifies risks, barriers and opportunities within the service
- Displays learning agility - acquires knowledge fast; readily applies knowledge to better understand the current situation.
PROBLEM SOLVING & JUDGEMENT
- Identifies viable solutions to solve problems e.g. ways to remove barriers to patient throughput
- Justifies decisions/actions based on objective evidence.
- Prepared to make decisions and render judgements.
MARKET & THERAPY KNOWLEDGE
- Uses local market knowledge to identify potential projects or joint working initiatives that could develop the business.
- Knowledge of therapy area allows detailed conversations with clinicians and payers about local management of condition, and how Takeda can help improve patient management
PLANNING & ORGANISING
- Plans underpinned by sound situational analysis of local environment.
- Sets clear priorities and stays focused on their delivery. Sets SMART goals/objectives.
- Service plans flow logically from analysis to strategy to tactics; adjusts tactics to needs of accounts.
- Tactical plan outlines sequential development of objectives; sets key milestones and team accountabilities.
- Sets and effectively monitors performance against KPIs and targets.
- Thinks strategically; evidence of action to win today and build for the future. Such thinking is evident in account plans.
- Displays effective communication during interactions with others i.e.
- Actively listens to others.
- Questions effectively - uses a range of questioning types to understand the other person’s position and the rationale behind their thinking.
- Communicates in a clear and engaging manner.
- Interacts in a diplomatic manner.
- Displays effective presentation skills.
- Displays a high level of sociability & visibility across accounts and within the business.
- Builds rapport quickly.
- Adapts interpersonal style to suit different customer types and personalities.
BUSINESS ACUMEN & ENTREPRENEURIAL
- Establishes criteria for ensuring that the account is suitable for service development.
- Rates each account against these criteria.
- Accurately costs expenditure (including own time and those of other Dept’s) associated with proposed activities/tactics.
- Understands types of investment associated with growth strategies and those best suited to increasing market share.
- When making requests for investment backs up points with information on potential impact.
- Prepared to challenge prevailing ways of working.
- Initiates group-based activities with colleagues to identify potential news ways of working.
- Pressure tests the logic and value of ideas and only takes the most promising forward for further consideration.
CROSS FUNCTIONAL WORKING & ACCOUNT LEADERSHIP
- Aware of strengths of different functions (e.g. MSL, SDM, Marketing).
- Leverages value by aligning corporate capabilities and collective strengths to account needs.
- Action-oriented - goes about work with a sense of urgency; displays high endurance and persistence.
- Shows initiative; proactive.
- Demonstrates self-belief.
- Resilient – maintains high levels of motivation even when facing problems.
- Decisive – prepare to make decisions when needed.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.