Senior Medical Scientific Liaison - ImmunologyApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0030682 Date posted 04/20/2021 Location: London, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as our field based Senior Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) in our Immunology Business Unit.
As our successful Senior Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) Immunology you will provide local country field-based support from the medical function to achieve the company’s goals.
You will identify and develop strong sustainable peer to peer relationships with external stakeholders to support the medical/scientific credibility of the company
- Continuously screen, review and analyse scientific literature; generate summaries & critical assessments if appropriate
- Use specific disease and product knowledge to develop Takeda in a given therapy area; i.e. answer medical/technical unsolicited enquiries from HCPs, provide accurate and non-promotional scientific information relating to licensed and unlicensed indications following unsolicited requests from HCPs, etc.
- Proactively identify and develop long term peer-to-peer relationships with opinion leaders and other relevant stakeholders to understand their needs, segment them accordingly and implement targeted approach and tactics to present medical data in the most efficient way
- Act as field-based reference points of scientific and clinical expertise for sales force and other internal stakeholders (e.g. Market Access) through training and ad-hoc support, in alignment with Takeda project teams
- Supports ongoing and future Company Sponsored Studies i.e. provides LOC review of proposed CRO site lists, attendance at Global/Regional Investigator Meetings, attends motivational site visits, provides site/investigator feedback to clinical operations etc. following the appropriate request from Global Development Operations and informs other LOC functions on progress in site involvement process in a timely manner
- Capture and share in-field insights to support medical and scientific strategy and business development. Shares in-field insights in a compliant manner with relevant business functions.
- Participate in the development and implementation of key medical activities (e.g. Advisory boards, medical education, and peer-to-peer training activities)
- Provides clinical presentations and medical information as necessary
- Facilitates unsolicited requests from HCPs for investigator-initiated sponsored research proposals through engagement with Global External Research on IISR proposals and on Medical Affairs Company Studies (MACS)
- Development and support of national disease registries and RWE projects for relevant disease areas
- Understands leverage points of the patient journey
Education, Experience and Key Skills:
- Degree in biological sciences, medicine or pharmacy
- Substantial postgraduate experience within the pharmaceutical industry within either Medical Affairs or R&D
- Previous MSL role experience
- Experience designing or operationalising clinical trials
- Experience of working closely with senior physicians and academics
- Able to present clinical data clearly and concisely and discuss the statistical and clinical relevance of such data whilst flexing to the needs of the audience
- ‘Can do’ attitude with the ability to work without close supervision in a field-based setting
- Able to contribute effectively as a member of the wider Medical Affairs team, in particular, ensuring that HCP opinions and attitudes are fully understood within the business
- Able to work closely with commercial colleagues in the field whilst ensuring that the distinct non-promotional nature of the MSL role is not compromised
- Work to the highest ethical standards, ensuring compliance at all times with the letter and spirit of the ABPI Code and relevant company policies
- Project management skills – to deliver on complex tasks within timeframe and manage milestones
- Willingness to travel, be away from home (large geographic territory and central briefings) and attend international meetings
- Valid driver’s license
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com