Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
(Senior) Medical/Scientific Advisor
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as our (Senior) Medical/ Scientific Advisor.
This role will work within the Gastrointestinal Medical Affairs team within Takeda UK. This is a critically important area for Takeda, having identified Gastroenterology as a one of the main therapeutic areas the company will build it’s future around.
As our Medical/ Scientific Advisor you will provide medical leadership for one or more medicines. You will have a deep understanding of a relevant therapy area, as well as the clinical development and data supporting Takeda medicines.
A true subject matter expert, you will have a high degree of credibility both internally and externally. You will be expected to develop a strategic KOL network and to use engagements with these individuals to systematically gather relevant insights for Takeda and, where appropriate, to challenge and influence the thinking of leading clinicians.
As our Medical/ Scientific Advisor you will have a key role within their brand team, using insights gathered from HCPs to influence cross-functional brand strategy and develop the medical tactical plan. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a range of Medical activities in the areas of insight gathering (incl advisory boards), Medical Education, Scientific Communication and Real-World Evidence Generation.
You will provide compliance support in respect of activities and materials generated across the Brand Team. And will be expected to undergo training to become an ABPI final signatory (either medical or non-medical signatory depending on eligibility).
- Lead the delivery of medical tactics within relevant therapy areas. Tactics will generally fall into the broad categories of evidence generation, insight gathering, medical education, medical communication, reimbursement support and commercial support
- Delivery of medical tactics will necessitate effective cross-functional working, engagement with HCPs and other external parties, selection and management of vendors such as Med Comms agencies and Contract Research Organisations
- Be the 'face of Takeda medical' by HCPs working in the relevant therapy area. This will involve spending a substantial proportion of available time developing and maintaining a professional network comprising a diverse range of key experts in the relevant therapy areas. Utilise this network to gather insights to guide the development of strategy and tactics.
- Collaborate with colleagues from the Clinical Operations function to support the delivery of key clinical trials within the UK. Activities ranging from supporting site selection through to activities designed to drive recruitment
- Support cross functional colleagues and provide appropriate medical input into a wide variety of activities, for example Health Technology Appraisal submissions and new marketing campaigns
- Review a wide variety of materials to ensure compliance with the ABPI Code of Practice and work collaboratively with colleagues to agree appropriate, compliant solutions. Will be expected to undergo training to become an ABPI final signatory (either medical or non-medical signatory depending on eligibility).
- Work effectively with the cross-functional brand team to build robust strategic and tactical plans for relevant brands
- Maintain deep and up to date knowledge of the relevant therapy area and Takeda medicines
- Develop good understanding of the different ways in which real-world evidence (RWE) can be generated and communicated to support the rational management of patients. Initiate and oversee the delivery of RWE studies relevant to the therapy area
- Develop and deliver internal training on the relevant therapy area, Takeda medicines and new data
- Develop and deliver therapy area and product related educational content for HCP audiences (eg presentations, symposia, LEMS etc...)
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Medical / Scientific Advisor
- Graduate level qualification in Medicine, Pharmacy or a life science subject. Post-graduate qualifications (eg PhD / Royal College Membership preferred)
- Substantial experience of either generating or critically appraising scientific data. Experience could be gained, for example, by (i) working in a senior medical information role within the biopharmaceutical company (ii) generating data as a PhD / post-doc student in a relevant discipline (iii) undertaking critical appraisal training as part of a post-graduate medical training programme
- Confident and credible communicating scientific concepts and information in both written and verbal form to professional expert audiences
- Able to effectively engage internal and external colleagues and form strong professional networks
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of key biostatistics principles
- Experience working effectively in the context of a cross-functional team to deliver win-win outcomes
Senior Medical / Scientific Advisor
- Detailed understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice. ABPI final signatory status is desirable
- Experience of delivering a range of different medical affairs tactics
- Experience of coaching / mentoring is highly desirable
- Experience supporting Health Technology Appraisal submissions
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Annual Bonus, Company Car Benefit (dependent on role) Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.