Senior Corporate and Digital Communications ManagerApply Now Email Me Job ID R0013886 Date posted 10/29/2019 Location: London, United Kingdom; Paddington, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda – winners of the prestigious PMEA Company of the Year Award 2018. Due to an internal promotion, we now have an exciting opening for an experienced Communications professional to join our External Affairs Team as Senior Corporate and Digital Communications Manager at our UK Head Offices in London Paddington.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Communications and Patient Advocacy you will be empowered to contribute to and deliver Takeda UK and Ireland’s corporate communications activity, internal engagement and external outreach.
To be successful in this role, you will need at least 8 year’s experience in a healthcare or pharmaceutical communications environment (agency or in-house) with a good understanding of the complexities and issues relating to operating in the pharmaceutical industry, including being well-versed in the ABPI Code of Practice.
A primary focus of this role will be external communications, driving understanding and awareness of the corporate brand for the new Takeda but you will also be involved in Internal communications and gain exposure to Patient Advocacy work. Our culture at Takeda places great importance on our values and patient centricity - you will need to be a person who has the desire to put people first and demonstrate the values of Takeda-ism
- The creation and execution of external communication strategies to promote the company’s vision, reputation and brand to key stakeholders and in all externally-facing communications (PR, website, social media etc.)
- Management of the press office function for Takeda UK/IE, including the delivery of media monitoring and key message development.
- Work closely with patient advocacy to deliver patient-centred programmes/events/initiatives and lead external engagement with multiple professional and patient organisations.
- Drive continued employee engagement in order to support the achievement of business objectives and share best practice
- Increase external presence and influence the external environment by nurturing relationships with key external stakeholders, including media and industry professional groups
- Increase Takeda UK/IE social media presence including developing and managing the content plan for external channels; websites and social media
The Person Profile
- Demonstrable success/experience in implementing corporate awareness and positioning initiatives both internally and externally, ideally in the life sciences sector, and utilizing media, digital, print channels.
- Understanding and experience of the opportunities presented by digital and social media platforms
- Highly developed communications skills with the ability to influence and persuade internally and in a highly competitive external environment.
- Strong media relations with expertise in managing media enquiries.
- Used to complying to corporate brand guidelines and recognizing the importance of protecting company reputation
- Experience of leading internal communications programmes including employee engagement and copy production for newsletters, magazines and briefing
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Bonus, Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
London, Great Britain