Public Affairs ManagerApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0037250 Date posted 06/10/2019 Location: London, United Kingdom; Paddington, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Public Affairs Manager in our UK, Paddington Office
We are looking for two Public Affairs Managers to join our growing and dynamic External Affairs Directorate as Takeda looks to increase our ability to engage with key government and NHS initiatives.
The Public Affairs Manager is expected to evaluate, analyse, create, and shape government policies that support Takeda’s business operations within the UK, with a particular focus on specific therapy areas.
This will involve careful monitoring of the policy and political environment for emerging issues, prioritising those of greatest importance to Takeda, and designing and implementing effective public affairs strategies to address these issues.
Each Public Affairs Manager will be responsible for leading Takeda’s public affairs efforts within specific therapy areas, and will be expected to work very closely with the relevant Business Units. Close alignment will also be expected with relevant patient advocacy and communications colleagues. Responsibility for certain corporate issues may also be given to Public Affairs Manager, dependent on experience and capacity.
It is expected that the Public Affairs Manager will be advocates on behalf of the company with policy makers and trade associations.
While the primary focus of the role will be on England, some work within the devolved nations may be expected, particularly within Scotland.
- Developing and executing UK therapy area specific public affairs strategies
- Developing policy positions aimed at delivering more favourable business environment for Takeda
- Proactively engaging with Government, NHS and other stakeholders on key policy issues
- Responding to consultations on behalf of the business to articulate policy positions
- Representing Takeda on industry association groups etc
- Ensuring that Takeda’s strategic initiatives are positively represented to key stakeholder
- Identifying, analyzing and tracking key pharmapolitical developments and effectively communicating to internal/external stakeholders
- Serving as strategic advisor in strategic planning processes, particularly in relation to policymakers, payers and patients
Key skills required
- A track-record of successful policy development and policy influencing in the healthcare/pharmaceutical space, or in a similarly highly regulated field
- Strong executive presence with ability to communicate effectively with senior External and internal stakeholders
- Recent experience within one of the following organisations would be essential:
- another UK company public affairs department
- a UK public affairs agency, with a focus on healthcare
- a third sector organisation with a healthcare focus (e.g. disease area charity, patient support organisation etc.)
- a UK healthcare industry associations
- Directly working in a relevant Government department
- Experience of developing and coordinating (responses to) Government consultation documents
- Familiar with Whitehall and Westminster in terms of workings of Government departments (in particular, DH and BEIS), interactions between ministers and officials
- Experience of dealing with Devolved Nations Governments
- A bachelor level degree in a related field; or demonstrably equivalent qualifications and experience
- Proven ability to devise and execute a UK public affairs strategy
- A proven record of writing for health policy and legislative stakeholders e.g. government consultation responses
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to use appropriate levels of assertiveness and diplomacy when dealing with all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Team oriented, able to work well with other departments and comfortable in a fast-paced environment characterized by rapid change
- Capable of working independently
- Strong enthusiasm, with a drive to succeed
- Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously and to deliver results
- Ability to work collaboratively within a corporate environment to achieve company goal
- Ability to represent and portray the Takeda image with varied audiences
- Ability to translate complex ideas into simple messages
- Ability to convey commercial objectives into public affairs strategy
- Strategic thinking
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Annual Bonus, Car Allowance (if applicable to the role) Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.