MSL Oncology (Lung) North UKApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0022362 Date posted 08/24/2020 Location: London, United Kingdom; Paddington, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda – winners of the prestigious PMEA Company of the Year Award.
Join us as our Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) – Oncology, covering the Midlands & North UK region (Midlands, North England, Scotland, Northern Ireland & North Wales).
As our (MSL) Medical Scientific Liaison – Oncology, you will be working in the Medical & Scientific Affairs Team.
You will be empowered to provide field-based medical, scientific & educational support to healthcare professionals in order to support the achievement of the company’s goals.
You will be encouraged to identify and develop strong, sustainable peer-to-peer relationships with external stakeholders through excellent, best-in-class engagement to support the medical/scientific objectives of the company.
In your role as our MSL, you will also assist with launch of new oncology products in market.
- Medical/Scientific Affairs
- Build and maintain partnerships with KOLs and stakeholders in current and future therapeutic areas of interest
- Continuously screen, review and analyse scientific literature; generate summaries & critical assessments if appropriate
- Use specific disease and product knowledge to support Takeda’s solid tumour oncology portfolio and become a field based medical expert of drug and disease for Takeda; e.g. answer medical/technical unsolicited enquiries from HCPs, provide accurate and non-promotional scientific information relating to licensed and unlicensed indications following unsolicited requests from HCPs, etc.
- Participate in the development and implementation of key medical activities (e.g. Advisory boards, medical education and peer-to-peer training activities)
- Provide clinical presentations and medical information as necessary
- Participate in development of patient services and healthcare solutions
- Ensure all activities are in line with the ABPI Code of Practice and Takeda processes
- Identify and develop long term peer-to-peer relationships with local opinion leaders and relevant stakeholders in order to understand their unmet needs and implement a targeted approach in order to present medical data efficiently
- Understand the patient journey and provide insights to support medical and scientific strategy development
- Support the Medical Manager and MSL Manager by acting as a consultant on data interpretation and real-world experience with brigatinib.
- Act as field-based reference points of scientific and clinical expertise for sales force and internal stakeholders (e.g. Market access) through training and ad-hoc support, in alignment with Takeda project teams
- Support advisory boards including development, implementation, and facilitation, as needed
- Support ongoing and future Company Sponsored Studies i.e. provides LOC review of proposed CRO site lists, attendance at Global/Regional and delivery of local Investigator Meetings, attend motivational site visits, provides site/investigator feedback to clinical operations etc. following the appropriate request from Global Development Operations and inform other LOC functions on progress in site involvement process in a timely manner
- Capture and share in-field insights to support medical and scientific strategy and business development. Share in-field insights in a compliant manner with relevant business functions.
- Facilitate unsolicited requests from HCPs for investigator-initiated sponsored research proposals through engagement with Global External Research
- Development and support of national disease registries and Real World Evidence (RWE) projects for relevant disease areas
- Interact with opinion leaders to communicate and advance Takeda’s scientific platform, as aligned with organisational goals, objectives and medical plans
- Collaborative and compliant cross-functional working with brand teams, sales team, Market Access team and Clinical Operations team.
Key Skills, Experience and Education
- Strong experience as an MSL or relevant research/ therapy area experience
- Oncology experience is desirable (lung cancer experience is preferable)
- Strong customer engagement skills (e.g. communication, negotiations, presentation etc...) with the ability to engage both external and internal customers
- Experience with new product launches, especially in oncology and/or orphan disease markets
- Education recommended to be PharmD, MD or PhD
At Takeda Oncology our mission remains constant; we endeavour to deliver novel medicines to patients with cancer worldwide through our commitment to science, breakthrough innovation and passion for improving the lives of patients. The MSL role is an integral one to delivering this mission within the UK.
At Takeda we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a BrighterFuture to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Car Allowance, 20% Target Bonus, Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com