Medical Science Liaison - IBD. South EnglandApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0021503 Date posted 03/08/2021 Location: London, United Kingdom; United Kingdom; United Kingdom; Surrey Docks, United Kingdom; United Kingdom; Old Kent Road, United Kingdom; United Kingdom; United Kingdom; United Kingdom; Crook of Devon, United Kingdom; United Kingdom
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda - winners of the prestigious PMEA Company of the Year Award.
Join us as our field based Medical Science Liaison in our IBD/GI Business Unit covering the South region.
As our MSL, you will be supporting the IBD Business Unit, reporting into the MSL Team Leader. As a key member of the MSL team you will be empowered to provide field-based support from the medical function and contribute towards achievement of the organisational goals.
You will take a lead role in identifying and developing strong sustainable peer to peer relationships with external stakeholders in your territory region to support the medical/scientific credibility of the company.
You will need to have previous experience in communicating scientific and clinical information to a KOL audience within the healthcare industry, ideally in a similar MSL role within the Pharmaceutical industry. A special interest in IBD and biological therapy is also an advantage.
- Continuously screen, review and analyse scientific literature; generate summaries & critical assessments if appropriate
- Use specific disease and product knowledge to develop Takeda in a given therapy area; i.e. answer medical/technical unsolicited enquiries from HCPs, provide accurate and non-promotional scientific information relating to licensed and unlicensed indications following unsolicited requests from HCPs, etc.
- Proactively identify and develop long term peer-to-peer relationships with opinion leaders and other relevant stakeholders in order to understand their needs, segment them accordingly and implement targeted approach and tactics in order to present medical data in the most efficient way
- Act as field-based reference points of scientific and clinical expertise for sales force and other internal stakeholders (e.g. Market access) through training and ad-hoc support, in alignment with Takeda project teams
- Support ongoing and future Company Sponsored Studies i.e. provides LOC review of proposed CRO site lists, attendance at Global/Regional Investigator Meetings, attends motivational site visits, provides site/investigator feedback to clinical operations etc. following the appropriate request from Global Development Operations and informs other LOC functions on progress in site involvement process in a timely manner
- Capture and share in-field insights to support medical and scientific strategy and business development. Shares in-field insights in a compliant manner with relevant business functions.
- Participate in the development and implementation of key medical activities (e.g. Advisory boards, medical education and peer-to-peer training activities)
- Provide clinical presentations and medical information as necessary
- Facilitate unsolicited requests from HCPs for investigator-initiated sponsored research proposals through engagement with Global External Research on IISR proposals and on Medical Affairs Company Studies (MACS)
- Develop and support of national disease registries and RWE projects for relevant disease areas
Key Skills, Experience and Education
- Degree in biological sciences, medicine or pharmacy
- Preferably previous MSL role experience, with IBD therapeutic area knowledge.
- Understands leverage points of the patient journey
- Able to present clinical data clearly and concisely and discuss the statistical and clinical relevance of such data
- Good understanding of the clinical trials process and the ability to critique scientific publications
- Ability to work autonomously without close supervision in a field-based setting
- Able to work collaboratively with commercial and head office colleagues.
- Professional, ethical, ensuring compliance always.
- Willingness to travel, be away from home and attend international meetings.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Car Allowance, 20% Target Bonus, Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com