Medical Manager - VaccinesApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0033907 Date posted 04/20/2021 Location: London, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as our Medical Manager – Vaccines.
As our Medical Manager – Vaccines, you will provide scientific, clinical, training and ABPI Code of Practice support with a focus on disease awareness and digital communication.
You will manage pre-license, non-promotional engagements with external stakeholders and will develop and maintain contact with key opinion leaders, relevant health care professionals and patient organisations.
You will lead on a variety of key medical projects including local application of evidence from Global team, oversee travel recommendation process and provide input when necessary, advisory boards, evidence generation, conference activities, and review generation of promotional and non-promotional materials.
As our Medical Manager - Vaccines you will develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s products, the relevant therapeutic areas and the structure and workings of the NHS and travel vaccination deployment process.
As our Medical Manager - Vaccines you will have demonstratable excellent project management skills, the ability to work effectively cross functionally and some who can drive and deliver results.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s products, the relevant therapeutic areas and the structure and workings of the NHS and Travel Vaccination dissemination and recommendations
- Establish and develop strong relationships with key external customers including KOLs and patient organisations
- Provide input as a member of the relevant extended brand team, ensuring that tactics being developed are in the interests of patients and compliant with the ABPI Code and relevant laws/regulations.
- To have and maintain a thorough understanding of relevant national and international codes and regulations including the ABPI Code of Practice
- Assist and advise on the preparation of promotional material including Promomats review. Specifically, to assess scientific accuracy and validity of promotional and non-promotional material and its compliance with Takeda standards, SOPs and the ABPI Code of Practice
- Generation of/ input into non-promotional materials including Promomats review
- Manage pre-license engagements
- Provide medical/ scientific input to internal training and delivery of training as required
- Present tailored clinical data packages to internal and external stakeholders as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Have oversight of company sponsored trials and investigator-initiated research within the UK.
- Liaise with global/regional teams regarding such studies and co-ordinate UK medical team support where appropriate.
- Act as the company’s medical expert on the relevant therapy area and keep up to date with clinical knowledge, published data and trial work for company and competitor products
- Provide medical/ scientific support to Market Access for submissions for Takeda UK products in the relevant Therapy Area and TUK’s input into guidelines where TUK is a registered stakeholder
- Assist in formulating responses to the more complex Medical Information enquiries
Education, Key Skills and Experience:
- Life sciences or a Medical Degree
- Experience working as a member of brand teams within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in copy approval/using Promomats
- Experience in input and/or development of Disease Awareness campaigns
- Ability to interpret and communicate scientific/ clinical data
- Demonstrates ability to work in a cross functional team
- Effective communicator both in writing and verbally and able to communicate complex subjects to different audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and influencing skills
- Effective project management
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com