Market Access Manager (Oncology)Apply NowEmail Me Job ID R0020690 Date posted 07/16/2020 Location: London, United Kingdom; Paddington, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us in our Oncology team as our Market Access Manager in our UK Head Offices in Central London Paddington.
As our successful Market Access Manager, your focus area will be Oncology. You will develop effective business partnerships with key payers, including NICE, SMC and other stakeholders throughout the NHS and related agencies for Takeda UK to make effective business decisions. You will be required to develop and lead high quality HTA submission dossiers to NICE and SMC for Takeda’s new oncology medicines and will lead related HTA activities such as advisory boards under the leadership of the National Market Access Manager.
You will be a professional ambassador for Takeda, building key strategic relationships throughout the payer community and with national related bodies including Government, to enable effective partnering and influencing at a national/regional level.
You will represent the Oncology UK market access perspective on local and global strategic initiatives and collaborate with cross-functional teams in marketing, medical, sales and pipeline management teams.
- Work with the Oncology’s National Market Access Manager and Market Access & Pricing Director and the brand teams to contribute to the development of TUK commercial and business strategy.
- Contribute to the development of high quality HTA submission dossiers for Takeda’s new oncology medicines. Primary HTA agencies under scope are NICE and SMC, but also include AWMSG.
- Assist the National Market Access Manager in developing the optimum HTA strategy for Takeda’s new products in the UK, subject to EUCAN/global approval.
- Organise, attend and present at Advisory Board meetings to support clinical understanding and inform HTA submissions (including HTA Advisory Boards, Payer Advisory Board, Clinician/Nurse Advisory Boards)
- Feed in the requirements/needs of UK stakeholders related to access into the brand strategy and plans
- Mapping the influencing networks within and between horizon scanning and HTA organisations in a geographic area
- Understand government priorities which have the potential to impact on market access. To include a monitoring brief for the development of new policies and/or changes to current policies
- Be prepared to educate in-house staff (including the sales force, marketing and international colleagues) on market access issues and organisations
- Provide UK market access input to pipeline assets in oncology to shape their development
HTA Submissions (including NICE, SMC, SIGN, AWMSG and NCPE
- Developing, in conjunction with the relevant project team, outcome scenarios for all HTA product specific projects and lead option analysis and decision making
- Contributing to the development of high quality HTA submission dossiers for Takeda’s oncology new medicines. The level of involvement may vary depending on the medicine and the HTA body but will be as requested by the Market Access & Pricing Director.
- Collaborate closely with internal medical, health economics, patient advocacy and marketing teams to develop HTA and market access strategy for oncology medicines
- Organise and lead advisory boards to support and inform HTA strategy
- Attending public meetings, NICE appraisal committee meeting and conferences and feeding back key points into the company.
- Review of all Board Papers for allocated HTA Board Meetings and communicate relevant issues to key internal stakeholders identifying the impact on Takeda
- Effective stakeholder management with both internal partners (i.e. medical, marketing, biostats, global access) and external partners (patient advocacy groups, clinicians, NICE, SMC, NHS England, ABPI).
Horizon Scanning Groups (including NHSC, MPC, UKMi, LNDG, MTRAC, AWMSG, SMC Horizon Scanning, HSE Ireland)
- Initiating and maintaining contact with appropriate horizon scanning groups
- Understanding the information needs of each group(s) and ensuring that these needs are meet
- Routinely scanning each groups’ website for information relevant to the Takeda pipeline
- Maintaining a forward work planner to ensure that all groups are provided with information at a time relevant to their key decision points.
- Knowledge of the HTA organisations in the UK and strong understanding of the processes of technology appraisals for NICE, SMC and AWMSG.
- Understanding of NHS and decision processes involved in bringing drugs to the market
- Knowledge of horizon scanning and HTA organisations and other key external stakeholder bodies
- Competent in multi-stakeholder project or program management
- Confident with clinical data and clinical terminology, methodology and procedures
- Medical writing skills, effective communication and well-developed presentation skills
Experience and Education
- Experience of working on health technology assessments, either leading or working on developing submissions to UK HTA bodies, preferably NICE
- Strong clinical understanding of specialist diseases (preferably Oncology)
- Effective communication skills and experience with customer interactions
- Good level of clinical knowledge
- Educated to degree or equivalent level with a life sciences qualification. Post graduate certificate or MSc in Health Economics or Economic Evaluations is a bonus.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Annual Bonus, Company Car Benefit (dependent on role) Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
GBR - Paddington