Cluster Support SpecialistApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0031903 Date posted 01/23/2019 Location:London, United Kingdom
JOB LOCATION: Paddington, United Kingdom
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full-time
The Cluster Support Specialist, reporting to the Head Supply Chain UK & Ireland Cluster, will coordinate all the relevant activities related to customer order management including i.e. call center (when relevant), EDI and manually processed order management, customer account set up and Bona Fide checks, preparation of shipment documentation, shipment, credit/debit notes, customer enquiries, complaints, pricing, invoicing (when relevant) and customer database update.
The Cluster Support Specialist will work within agreed policies and procedures to maintain supply of Shire products to Customers liaise with the 3PL and provide customer service for these products.
The role also includes patient interaction and prescription management, which brings a high level of sensitivity, confidentiality and extreme professionalism.
This individual will be responsible for the timely completion of goals and objectives.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- 35% - Managing the receipt and processing of Customer Orders to ensure reliable supply of Product to Customer
- 35% - Patient and prescription management
- 15% - Working with Cluster Supply Chain to ensure uninterrupted supply of product to Cluster
- 10% - Business Support and specific projects
- 5% - Reporting monitoring and control
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent knowledge of Customer Service and or Supply Chain environments
- Experience of delivering quality service to customer in a compliant environment
- 5 years of progressive experience in various customer service or supply chain roles within the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries
- Knowledge of ERP systems including packages relating to Customer Order Processing and Supply Chain mgmt. (i.e. SAP, JDE, Siebel)
- Effective written and oral communication skills, required to facilitate information flow across internal / external supply chain partners and Customers.
- Knowledge of different aspects of regulatory compliance that impact a pharmaceutical supply chain. This can include but is not limited to GxP considerations and controlled substance regulations.
KEY SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Living our leadership behaviors is a basic expectation for all Shire employees. Shire expects all employees to embody the following Leadership Behaviours:
- Be Positive
- Be Accountable
- Be Results Oriented
- Be An Excellent Manager of Self and Others
- Customer orientated
- Create, promote and maintain a good team spirit and a high level of motivation
- Compliance with internal procedures and country specific regulations and requirements
- Ensure good interaction and consistency in terms of best practice, systems and processes, exists between the different components and locations of the Customer Service organization
- Provide open and collaborative ways of working to support various functional and/or departmental initiatives evaluating major issues and removing or reducing the risk from obstacles/variables that may arise.
- Support implementation of Continuous Improvement initiatives (including Lean Sigma/Operational Excellence)
COMPLEXITY & PROBLEM SOLVING
- Ability to manage Customer Order Processing for the Cluster with 100% accuracy; and meet simultaneously, the Cluster, Business Unit, Commercial and Tech Ops goals. Specific challenges and complexities revolve around balancing service, schedule compliance, productivity / cost objectives due to constraints, QA issues, change controls, projects, etc.
- Ability to manage emergency situations (i.e backorders, supply issues)
- Balance the requirements of Compliance (Corporate, Financial, Quality, Taxation and Global Trade) to achieve a sustainable and scalable Customer Support.
- Deal with ambiguity through appropriate risk mitigation
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Primary Internal Contacts: Primary External Contacts:
- There is significant contact with many different functions within Shire. The Cluster Support Specialist will be required to manage several different Customers at one given time; will specifically need to grow relationships with internal Cluster customers and align on critical timelines with Shire IT, Finance and other functional Tech Ops leads to ensure business activities are being managed accordingly
- Externally, occasional interaction will occur with Shire employed IT consultants, 3PL and other providers. The management of external contacts will require strong influential skills due to a strong need for all external contacts to be fully engaged and bought into the process.
- Excellent communication skills including presenting to individuals at different seniority levels are a must.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- This position may include national/international travel on limited basis to ensure the required systems and processes are integrated or implemented.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.