Business Insights ManagerApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0045648 Date posted 01/16/2020 Location: London, United Kingdom; Paddington, United Kingdom
Job Title: Business Insights Manager
Reports to: Head of Insights & Analytics
Department: Customer Excellence
Job Function: Understanding Takeda UK’s business and its needs and translating this into effective business analysis by using appropriate mix of secondary data, primary market research and competitor analysis to support a range of activities including monitoring and control of marketing campaigns as well as input into strategic market planning and forecasting. Translating and communicating of the results of analysis into actionable recommendations to appropriate stakeholders.
Line Management of: N/A
Key contacts: Internal – Business Unit Director, Marketing, Sales Managers, Sales force, Finance, Market Access, EUCAN, Supply Chain.
External - Industry partners, suppliers, consultants.
To conduct and interpret market and brand analysis (using national and regional level data where appropriate) for the development of strategic and operational brand plans. To provide Competitive Intelligence to allow TUK to anticipate changes in market landscape and begin to shape the environment to their competitive advantage. Monitor the performance of individual brands through management and analysis of key performance indicators (KPIs) and communicate results and recommendations to the brand teams. Develop a pro-active market research/project plan for the brand within the overall Brand Plan which aligns with Takeda’s business needs. Design, commission and manage market research or other third-party analysis necessary for the development of the brand covering aspects of strategy and promotional campaign implementation. To provide analytical and research outputs as required supporting business decisions on promoted products within the organisation’s portfolio. To provide support in specific projects as well as back up within the Customer Excellence team as required. Keep up to date with developments in the availability of business insights data sources, reports, advanced analytics, and also changes and developments within the pharmaceutical industry environment.
Job Title: Business Insights Manager
- Degree in sciences, quantitative discipline, or marketing
- Evidence of using data to produce analysis to understand market and brand performance
- Knowledge and experience within Pharmaceutical Industry - evidence of success in market research / business analysis/ marketing
- 3+ years experience in any combination of above
- Experience of commissioning and managing market research projects
- Understanding of the market & brand planning process
- Good understanding of the NHS
- Experience of working in rare diseases nice to have
- Experience with sales forecasting
- Positive work ethic, articulate, confident, results-focused team player and independent worker
- Data analysis and interpretation, report writing, presentation preparation
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical data (IQVIA, Cegedim, Wilmington etc.)
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities
- Project management of primary market research projects
- Computer Literacy (Excel; Word; PowerPoint)
- Presentation of findings and ability to translate these into appropriate recommendations
- Interpersonal skills
- Organisation Skills
- Minimum direction and support required
- Advanced Computer Literacy
- SQL, R analysis
- Experience of BI software e.g. Power BI, Qlik, Tableau
- Advanced Excel experience e.g. scripting macros
- Experience of coaching junior team members on BI skills
Competencies for the Role
BI subject matter leadership (e.g. in one or more areas of analytics, market research, forecasting).
MANAGES AND DEVELOPS PEOPLE
Able to coach junior members of BI team to aid in their development, line management experience desirable but not essential
NHS & MARKET KNOWLEDGE
Solid grasp of NHS context, and the commercialisation of pharmaceutical therapies.
Strategic thinking based on a sound understanding of the pharmaceutical commercial context
Influencing others, even without formal authority. Shaping decision making in a cross-functional team context
Partners with local and international colleagues, thinks beyond own scope of responsibilities in planning and decision making
DRIVE & POSITIVE ATTITUDE
Driven, self-motivated, resilience, tenacity, desire to effect change and improve the status quo. Proactively seeks opportunities to improve self, processes, and outputs
PLANNING & EXECUTION
Strong capability in managing multiple priorities while maintaining high standards
PROBLEM SOLVING & JUDGEMENT (Decision Quality)
Quickly grasps a new situation or challenge, thinks rationally and creatively, shows excellent judgement, experiments with new approaches and adapts approach according to results.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.