Business Insights AnalystApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0033826 Date posted 03/19/2019 Location:London, England
Are you seeking a new role that will inspire you, in a patient-focused, innovation-driven company? Yes? then look no further than Takeda
The Business Insights Analyst will liaise and act as a business partner to the relevant Business Units (BUs), using strategic thinking and business analytics to generate insights with actionable recommendations.
The primary focus of the role will be to use strategic thinking and business analytics capabilities to provide analysis; generate insights and recommendations to support leadership teams in the respective markets.
This will be achieved through Market Research and Competitive Intelligence insights, analytics, customer segmentation and support of the business planning processes (including strategic and financial forecasts). Success in the role will involve strong cross-functional collaboration across operations, marketing, finance, market access and International functions.
Insights & Analytics
• Conduct and apply analytical expertise by integrating multiple data sources, providing an objective viewpoint and put forward recommendations to support decision making
• Ensure a high level of information and knowledge of Takeda and competitor products and performance
• Calculate, review and report accurate and timely patient and unit numbers for Takeda and Competitors, to review business performance with local and corporate stakeholders
• Proactively seek opportunities to improve reporting, analytics and the way information is shared with all teams
• Proactively partner with local and Regional partners to align where possible with Regional processes i.e. patient calculations, compliance rates, models etc.
Business Operations & Planning
• Leverage your analytics expertise and brand/Therapy Area knowledge to align and support affiliates during key business processes such as Business Reviews and Brand Planning process. Support the preparation of slide decks for business reviews & forecasts
• Support the Business Insight Lead in the forecasting process for the UK/IE commercial business. Partner with the local commercial teams to identify key drivers and assumptions and execute modelling/forecasting as required to enable strategic decisions
• Supports forecasting of patients, in market units and market shares
• Execute the Sales Force Incentive Plan (target setting and calculations) for the relevant BU
• Validate Regional S&OP analysis to achieve effective and efficient patient supply in market
• Continually review the format and content of monthly reporting suites (including data from IQVIA, Homecare, Finance and other sources) to ensure they continue to reflect KPIs and business performance. Make recommendations on improvements as appropriate
• Leverage standardised reports to communicate key information, insights and recommendations
Ad-hoc support & Business Intelligence
• Market Research & Competitor Intelligence - Own the market research process liaising with agency partners to influence the design and implementation of market research ensuring business questions are answered
• Support the UK/IE BI team generally as required on tasks, processes and projects
• Sharing best practice between LOCs and provide input into EUCAN teams as appropriate
Experience and Qualifications
Substantial experience within a life sciences company or consulting firm that supports the healthcare industry with a focus on delivery of analytics and research is essential
Previous experience in Rare Diseases or Neuroscience preferred, therapy areas of interest include: Immunology, HAE, ADHD, Haematology, Lysosomal Storage Disorders
- IT literate (especially MS Office – Excel and PowerPoint in particular)
- Previous experience with analytics platforms (e.g. Qlik, Power BI) and Veeva CRM preferred, as well as experience of healthcare data sets (e.g. IQVIA, Homecare, HES and other specialist data sources)
- Strong ability to integrate data from multiple sources, apply strategic thinking and logically structure deliverables
- Commercial awareness
- Strong ability to work as part of an integrated collaborative cross-functional team managing relationships with numerous internal and external stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills
- Driven and self-motivated
- Strong capability in managing multiple priorities while maintaining high standards
B.S. in business or the life sciences, pharmacy, or chemistry (advanced biology, medicine-related degree preferred).
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.