Brand Team Assistant (Industrial Placement /Undergraduates) - Diabetes and Internal MedicineApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0024496 Date posted 11/09/2020 Location: London, United Kingdom; Paddington, United Kingdom
Job Title: Brand Team Assistant (Industrial Placement /Undergraduates)
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Department: Diabetes and Internal Medicine Business Unit
Takeda UK are delighted to once again be offering a Brand Team Assistant (1-year Student Placements) within our Diabetes and Internal Medicine Business Unit.
As an Undergraduate placement student, you will receive full training on all aspects of this busy and varied role and will enjoy the challenges of working in a fast-paced ethical pharmaceutical environment. You will be welcomed as an integral member of the brand team and work with a team of exceptional talented individuals.
You will be based from our UK Head Offices in Central London Paddington.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda – winners of the prestigious PMEA Company of the Year Award in 2018 & 2019.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
To support the brand team in the cross functional tactical implementation of the brand plans and to take a lead operational role on the key projects relating to the specific brand, under direction of the Marketing Manager.
Full training will be supported by the Takeda teams.
Your Key Accountabilities:
Brand Team Support:
- To assist in the cross functional tactical implementation for the brand team.
- Assist with the logistics and approval process for sales force materials: letter templates, direct mails, speaker contracts, invitations etc.
- Manage internal approval process via Promomats (the medical approval database system).
- Aid the brand team with ordering and distribution of promotional items and manage stock in the warehouse (CPG).
- To assist with the promotional materials withdrawal process. This is a process when materials/products are found to be in breach of the ABPI Code or have expired and are being withdrawn from the sales force.
- Maintaining and updating the team intranet sites on SharePoint.
- Assist the brand team with logistics for internal and external meetings. Brand team meetings, National meetings, advisory board meetings, medical conferences etc.
- Assist the brand team with the SMILE system, ensuring meetings and projects are successfully navigated through the approval process with support from “meeting owner”.
- Attend off/on site internal and external meetings. To assist with logistics and smooth running of the day.
- Undertake any other general duties or projects as required by the brand team
Diabetes and Internal MedicineBusiness Unit Support:
- Assist with entering contract information onto database system.
- Assist with raising purchase orders for the department through internal system, Ariba, and take an active role in the budget management process for the brand team.
- Wherever possible, anticipating the needs of the team and undertaking additional tasks as and when necessary
We are ideally seeking applicants studying Life Sciences, Marketing or a Business-related Degree with a keen interest for a career in the Pharmaceutical industry.
Successful candidates will be assigned to a Business Unit according to personal preference where possible but best suitability will be determined following our Assessment Process.
Key skills and attributes:
- Enthusiastic, committed and conscientious
- Good interpersonal skills, with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Approachable and a strong team player
- Proactive, with a willingness to learn and take direction
- Well organised with good attention to detail
- Confident with the ability to present to others
- Computer literate
Please apply on-line with a CV and Covering letter stating your reasons for applying, how you meet our skills and attributes criteria and your Business Unit of preference. Assessment Centres will be held in April 2021 and successful candidates will start in July 2021. Due to volumes of applications, only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Target Bonus, Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
GBR - London Remote
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)