Account Lead (Remote)Apply Now Email Me Job ID SR0031404 Date posted 03/18/2019 Location:London, England
**The role will cover a territory from Newcastle to Nottingham and is remotely based
Are you seeking a new role that will inspire you, in a patient-focused, innovation-driven company? Yes? then look no further than Takeda
The Account Lead will manage own account(s) and catchment area(s) through cost-effective resource deployment and deliver agreed targets and other performance metrics in collaboration with the cross-functional team
• Develop strategic, efficient and cost effective account action plans that are aligned to the marketing brand plan and national strategy.
• Taking a leadership role to support brand priorities including communication, rolling out new materials/key messages/objectives, sharing of best practice and supporting colleagues in delivering objectives.
• Taking a role model position within the company to embody excellence in execution through attitude and actions
• To exemplify true cross functional working across the organisation to add value to the business
• Responsibility for market access for products including formulary acquisition where required.
Main role responsibility
o Manage account(s) and catchment area(s) through cost-effective deployment/prioritization of own capacity and resources and deliver agreed targets and other performance metrics in executing all account action plans in collaboration with the cross-functional team
o Account activities:
- building relationships with all KOLs/prescribers
- Building advocacy for products
- Movement of clinicians up the ladder of adoption
o Develop strategic, efficient and cost effective account plans that are aligned to the marketing brand plan and national strategy
o Develop own strategic account action plans
o Develop and collaborate in projects that benefit the wider team and add value to the business.
o Ensuring products are placed on local formularies and shared care, liaising with payors and clinicians to ensure rapid formulary success and then thorough pull through to gain sales.
Additional skills required
Influencing and communication skills
o Outstanding listening skills ensure a tailored communication approach to the customer identifying subtle cues in others’ communication and adjusting own communication approach accordingly. Communicates often within the national team to share best practice and support others.
o Builds relationships with internal stakeholders within the company and communicates strategic plans. Feeds back competitor intelligence to the marketing and medical team. Supports the Business lead with strategy deployment.
Analysis and Decision making
o Uses rigorous data analysis to understand results and identify key physicians to target, uses data to identify trends across the region; transfers this knowledge within and outside of the region Uses a multitude of resources to learn about customers – goes beyond company provided resources (including relationships with thought leaders)
o Can take calculated risks to develop the business in new ways whilst still remaining compliant and ethical in the approach. Once piloted to ensure success, shares these ideas across the team
o Can work in partnership with the customer to find solutions that enable a win/win scenario. Can share these partnership ideas with the team for their benefit.
o Has strong leadership skills Is adept at presenting and confident in managing their own territory with little support.
Education & Experience Requirements
• Experience in identifying and prioritising business opportunities through:
o Excellence in key account management
o Best in class business planning
o In-call challenging and influencing skills
o Efficient management of territory budget with demonstrable evidence in gaining maximum return on investment
• You must be able to demonstrate leadership capabilities and project management within a regional and/or national setting in a commercial role
• Developing and leading innovative projects which have led to clear business outcomes
• You will be able to demonstrate creative thinking and measured risk-taking
• You will be a team player, able to work within a complex cross-functional environment
• Previous experience of partnering with local (UK) healthcare environment in order to implement local/national initiatives in support of products and disease areas
• Excellent, proven communication skills
• You will be tenacious, self-motivated and pro-active, someone who is always seen to take the initiative
• Demonstrable, consistent successful sales record
• University degree in Medicine/Biology/Chemistry/ Pharmacy or other Life sciences
• Neuroscience or Psychiatry experience
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.