SCRUM MASTER - Data, Digital & Technology (Corporate Functions)
- Job Type Full time
- Job Level Senior
- Travel Minimal
Within Takeda’s Data Sciences Institute, we harness the insight of data and digital to speed the development of new medicines to patients. The Data Sciences Institute (DSI) is primarily focused on getting medicines to patients faster through innovation and efficiencies driven by data and analytics.
We nurture a culture that encourages disciplined risk-taking, supports innovation, values diversity and emphasizes implementation.
We want to hire and develop the best talent to join us on our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine!
What makes a successful team member within our Data Sciences Institute at Takeda?
- Work with various data sources
- Apply a breadth of methodologies
- Develop analysis pipelines
- Design studies
Where You Fit In
When you join our Data Sciences Institute team, you’ll connect with a diverse and talented group of scientists, engineers and analysts. Together, you’ll define cutting-edge algorithms, conduct pharmacology-based modeling and explore new approaches to data services. In a collaborative environment marked by strong, open and honest leadership, you’ll take charge of your professional advancement as you work on important projects that grow your skills and lead to ongoing opportunities.
A career within the Data Sciences Institute at Takeda will give you everything you need to succeed professionally. You’ll see up close that what you do with information and insight has the power to impact the lives of patients — today and for generations to come. Working here, you’ll understand that our people-first perspective extends beyond patients to include our Takeda team, our families and the communities where we all work and live.
SCRUM MASTER - Data, Digital & Technology (Corporate Functions)Job ID R0076598 Date posted Nov. 17, 2022 Location Lodz, Poland
The Future Begins Here
At Takeda, we are creating a future-ready organization, one that evolves at the speed of science and technology using data and digital to meet the needs of patients, our people, and the planet. To make that happen, we need your help.
Grow your data and digital skills, create, and enhance solutions for patients around the globe, and help us create a data and digital-forward Takeda. This is a unique opportunity to become the heart of our internal innovation engine.
The Scrum Master supports the team and the Product Owner and helps them to communicate, solve problems and deliver a great product. They employ Agile software practices, lead all scrum ceremonies, remove impediments, and help the team prioritize efforts to reach desired goals and outcomes.
- Guides the team on how to use scrum & Agile practices and methodologies to improve collaboration and team output.
- Manages and facilitates the scrum team's daily work including the execution of Sprint Ceremonies (e.g., Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Sprint Review, and Retrospective).
- Establishes and maintains open and clear lines of team communication to facilitate status transparency.
- Works with peer Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers, and Agile Coaches, to increase the effectiveness of Scaled Agile.
- Collaborates with Product Owner and Technical leads to understand the business problems, product(s), and ensure features and user stories are clear, concise, prioritized, and understood by every member of the Agile team.
- Responsible for capturing and tracking sprint metrics (e.g., team velocity), and being accountable for the continuous improvement of the scrum team.
- Removes impediments (e.g., cultural barriers, logistic challenges).
- Fosters close cooperation across all team members and encourages cross-training, knowledge sharing, and development.
- Facilitates communication and collaboration inside and outside the team.
- Shields the team from external interference and organizational pressures that could impede progress.
- Fosters self-organization and growth within the team.
- Collaborates with other scrum teams to align project schedules, goals, and release plans with the overall DD&T roadmap.
- Facilitates preparation of Agile Release Train (ART) ceremonies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years of working experience in project management
- Three (3) years of experience as a scrum master
- Proficient with agile tools and methodologies (e.g., Scrum, XP, SaaS, LESS, Kanban)
- Proficient with software development methodologies
- Proficient with CI/CD methods, and DevSecOps practices
- Ability to work with technology stacks
- Forecasting & Release Planning
- Experience in product backlog management and managing technical risk
- Practice evidence-based management and design thinking
- Proficient in agile metrics & reporting
- Experienced in stakeholders management
What Takeda Can Offer You
- A meaningful career, grounded in our values.
- Continuous professional growth and global careers
- A diverse and inclusive network of colleagues
- Flexible work environment, including hybrid working
- A collaborative culture encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit and agile thinking
- A comprehensive salary and benefits package
Time TypeFull time
Our internal research capabilities and external partnerships contribute to an R&D engine that has produced exciting new molecular entities (NMEs) across our core Therapeutic Areas. Check out our pipeline and see how we’ll continue delivering a steady stream of next-generation therapies.Learn More
What We Believe In
Our values of Takeda-ism are Integrity, Fairness, Honesty and Perseverance, with Integrity as the core. These are brought to life through actions based on Patient, Trust, Reputation and Business, in that order.
Our belief in putting people first extends beyond our patients — it includes their families and communities, as well as our Takeda colleagues and their families.
We are committed to embracing our differences, valuing different perspectives, and fostering a culture of respect, inclusiveness and empowerment.
Our embedded Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) strategy enables us to attract and retain exceptional talent, drives innovation, and helps address systemic inequalities in our communities.
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 11 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2022.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
We're using the newest technology and methods, like wearable devices and machine learning, to better understand the health of patients participating in our trials.Ariel Dowling Head, Sensing & Measurement,
Digital Health Sciences
View All Data Science Institute JobsSearch
Data Engineer with TM1
Bratislava, Slovakia Apply for Data Engineer with TM1
Associate Director, Data Development
California, Boston, Massachusetts, Remote Apply for Associate Director, Data Development
System Architect - Product Engineer
Boston, Massachusetts Apply for System Architect - Product Engineer
We Take Action by Focusing on Our Four Priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital