Disease Area Lead – Medical – Rare DiseasesApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0038327 Date posted 07/16/2019 Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Disease Area Lead and be empowered to make a true difference.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Disease Area Lead you will be empowered to lead, develop and implement program strategy. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by focusing on the patients we serve.
As a candidate for this role you will be expected to have previous relevant experience in medical affairs within the industry. Also you will have demonstrable experience in the production and execution of medical strategies.
Main purpose of this role:
To Provide medical expertise and support for Therapeutic Area/ Takeda products of responsibility to Market Access, Marketing & Sales and other internal stakeholders. To take responsibility over establishing the local Medical Strategy Plan and its implementation. To ensure the correct interpretation and communication of scientific data of Takeda products under the TA area of responsibility. Looking after Advocacy for patients’ needs. To Identify and develop strong sustainable peer to peer relationships with external stakeholders to support the medical/scientific credibility of the company.
- Continuously screen, review and analyse scientific literature; generate summaries & critical assessments if appropriate
- Maintain a high level of scientific expertise through self-study, attendance to applicable internal or external courses and congresses as well as update in legislation applicable to the development of the previously described tasks, following applicable training matrix. .
- Act as field-based reference points of scientific and clinical expertise for sales force and other internal stakeholders (e.g. Market access) through training and ad-hoc support, in alignment with Takeda project/ Brand teams leading medical field personnel
- Communicate to Med Info all unsolicited medical enquiries for resolution and/or tracking and support in responses as deemed necessary.
- Present the clinical evidence/ presentations to internal and external stakeholders in a non-promotional way, e.g. reimbursement bodies, clinical presentations, while determining their and patient needs in order to become a partner in improving health care
- Use specific disease and product knowledge to develop Takeda in a given therapy area; i.e. answer medical/technical unsolicited enquiries from HCPs, provide accurate and non-promotional scientific information relating to licensed and unlicensed indications following unsolicited requests from HCPs, etc.
- Provide medical training for allocated therapeutic area / products to Marketing & Sales
- Leading medical field based personnel, jointly proactively identify and develop long term peer-to-peer relationships with opinion leaders and other relevant stakeholders in order to understand their needs, segment them accordingly and implement targeted approach and tactics in order to present medical data in the most efficient way
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), understand their needs in order to segment them and create medical strategy and tactics per segment accordingly
- Use Medical CRM tool according to guidance from EUCAN for KOL plans, reporting interactions and monitoring fuled based medical team.
- Supports ongoing and future Company Sponsored Studies i.e. support feasibilities, provides LOC review of proposed CRO site lists, attendance at Global/Regional Investigator Meetings, attends motivational site visits, provides site/investigator feedback to clinical operations etc. following the appropriate request from Global Development Operations and informs other LOC functions on progress in site involvement process in a timely manner
- Facilitates unsolicited requests from HCPs for investigator-initiated sponsored research proposals through engagement with Global External Research on IISR proposals and on Medical Affairs Company Studies (MACS)
- Development and support of national disease registries and RWE projects for relevant disease areas
- Act as communication link to authors of scientific publications about Takeda products
- Identify gaps in the local clinical study program which are a hurdle for successful regulatory and/or clinical acceptance of the product and propose studies to address these issue
- Support to the medical head in the development of study outline and protocol for local post-authorization (phase 4) and other RWE studies sponsored by Takeda; coordinate/oversee study conduct, data analysis and disclosure, reporting/publication
Cross-functional brand team work
- Capture and share in-field insights to support medical and scientific strategy and business development. Shares in-field insights in a compliant manner with relevant business functions.
- Provide medical expertise to LOC Market Access, e.g. Pricing & Reimbursement Dossier creation and scientific support for discussions
- Provide medical expertise to LOC Regulatory Affairs/LOC Pharmacovigilance/LOC Quality Assurance
- Provide scientific input into Marketing strategy and tactics
- Provide medical input for development of promotion material
- Ensure awareness and communication of medical activities to other departments within the Local organization
- Participate in local product committees and brand planning cycles; owner of medical part of brand plan as well as in account planning.
- Responsible for development, implementation and monitoring of key medical plan and activities (e.g. Advisory boards, medical education and peer-to-peer training activities)
- Development of non-promotion material in a compliant way following Takeda standards, SOPs and national laws, according to the strategy defined for the TA.
- Understands leverage points of the patient journey
- Implement local strategic medical plans in line with product Life Cycle Management (including the production of local publications, planning and conduct of local Advisory Board meetings etc.)
- Provide extensive, clear and structured briefing to external presenters/speakers at Takeda sponsored medical events, e.g. local Advisory Boards, HCPs meetings
- Budget management for medical affairs activities related to TA/product with oversight by the medical head
- Responsible for thedevelopment of MSL plans according to medical plan and Company’s KPIs.
- Responsible for the oversight of specific medical projects led by MSLs.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.